Anyone gigging Jan 2nd?

Dave Shoop

My cover band has a NYE gig. My Springsteen tribute- JERSEY has a gig Jan 2nd. The club owner told me Jan 2nd is traditionally a big night for bars. I never would have guessed that. JERSEY has played to packed rooms when we do club dates, will this be our first dud? Anyone have Jan 2nd gigs? Expect a crowd?

Marty s Horne

My band is gigging New Years Eve and Jan 2 at 2 different places. Both places have a good following so it should be hoppin' both nights especially New Years.

screamtone

Silver Supporting Member
New Year's Eve and Jan 2nd at the same place. They're dark on New Years Day or I'd be doing all three. FWIW, we had an excellent crowd December 26, but a lot of those people were just in town for the holidays (aka partying like they were on vacation).

fox5150

Springsteen tribute band - oh WOW am I jealous!! My singer and I tried to get one going for a one-off gig, but struggled to find enough like minded inviduals. The real challenge was finding a sax player.

I am so jealous. Best of luck!!

MudPies

We're opening up for a local trio. I had no idea it has history of being a big night for bars.

Yay!

DanR

I'm gigging New Year's Eve, New Year's Day (night) and Saturday January 2nd all at the same place. Everything except my stuff is already set up (thank you, Tony the drummer who also owns the PA). So, there's only one tear down/load out (Jan 2nd).

Yes, ist and 2nd being Fri and Sat (may I puctuate with DUH!!!!!! Do you call y'self a gigging musician and not work Fri and Sat nights?!?!?). For you new england blues music fans: Sat, Harry's, Hyannis, Cape Cod, w/ Darrell Nulisch. Do not miss one of the best singer/harmonica players in the business!!!!!!

Trending Topics