Anyone going to The Who's concert at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY in may?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by DZA, Mar 19, 2015.

1. DZA

DZA Member

Hi folks,

I'm going to NY for a business meeting in May and, to my surprise and happiness!, The Who will be playing there (Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY) on may, 20th. I've just bought my tickets!

Anyone is going this concert?

The thing is, I will be staying at a hotel in Manhattan. I hope somebody could help me with tips about the easy way to go from Manhattan (my hotel is one block from Madison Square Garden) to Nassau Coliseum? Is there a subway or a train station close to Nassau Coliseum or something like that?

Thanks!

2. mark norwine

mark norwine Member

no Moonie + no Ox = no Who.

Sorry, but that's my take.

As for getting there....sort of. You can take a train to Hempsted station, but you'll need a taxi to the show from the station. A bus will take you right there.

http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=24410&ATCLID=204937644

++++++

I was cleaning up my shop recently, throwing away tons of old stuff, and I came across a cassette that I suspect many of you old guys have: The Who from Toronto in '82. It was billed as being the "Very last Who concert ever", and it was broadcast live on the radio. Some retirement, huh?

3. DZA

DZA Member

Thanks for the info! As for the "The Who", you are right... I thought the same thing after I started the thread... But it will be fun to see Pete and Roger playing together anyways…

4. GulfportBound

GulfportBound Member

Get the Long Island Rail Road at Penn Station beneath the Garden and get a train to Mineola. Mineola is a little closer to the Coliseum than Hempstead and you can get a cab or bus from the station just as easily.

5. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

Mineola is also aan express stop. So you would go from Penn to jamaica to mineola pretty quickly.

6. CarbonArc

CarbonArc Member

Really hope you enjoy the show. Those two are both forces of nature.

7. custom53

custom53 Member

I have seen them twice in the last 5 years. Although I am a die hard Who fan, both shows were kind of sad. One show, Daltrey's voice was shot. I think he wasn't feeling very good that night. I would have not felt bad if he just stopped.. I really felt bad for him. I guess it was sort of a let down for me because I did get to see them in their Prime. In the early '70s. Twice.. A couple of the best shows I have ever seen in my life..

A couple of pictures that I personally took in Cincinnati 1975..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Analog Delay

Analog Delay I Judge Books By Covers Silver Supporting Member

Cool pictures.

And that was back in the day before cell phones, when actual cameras were required.