Anyone Has Any Experience With Lindy Fralin's Split-Blade Pickup?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Jimmy25, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Jimmy25

Jimmy25 Member

Anyone has any experience with Lindy Fralin's Split-Blade pickup? Some reviews / comments on this pickup would be really helpful. I'm planning on getting a set of these soon and switch out my "Fender 57 Reissue Maple Neck Stratocaster Made In Japan Since 1993" 's original pickup. Still deciding between Vintage or Blues output within the split-blade though. I'm looking for more dynamic, more punchy, medium output, fatter and fuller solid tone. From playing clean blues, funk, jazz, to rock with overdrive / distortion.

BTW. Just curios, from your personal taste, do you guys think it would be cool if I install the Split-Blade pickup in black color on my strat which will make it look just like this:
    [​IMG]
    Or do you guys think that would just look funny and unmatched and it's better to choose white color and stick with the traditional Eric Clapton's Blackie look? I know what I prefer, but just simply wanna see what you guys think from different point of views. Cheers : )

2. Jimmy25

Jimmy25 Member

Even though I'm thinking of Blues Special set from Linday Fralin. I would still like to hear some comments/review on the Split Blade set. Since in the end I still prefer no hum... I heard this set suck out the tone of a strat. Is that true? Would love to hear more if possible about this Split Blade set... Anyone? Seems like Kinman pickup wins and get much better reviews when it comes to noiseless hmm.... o.0

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  3. rabbuhl

rabbuhl Member