Anyone have a '56 Reissue Les Paul Junior???

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dewman, Sep 21, 2008.

1. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

I just picked up one of these from a local store and will see if it sticks with me. Sounds great thus far, medium neck (woulda liked it bigger), real P90 and wraparound bridge. Fairly dark burst. Sounded good in the store, and I got 30 days on it to decide...mine is a 2001 I believe. I dont know much about these guitars and how they differ from historic reissues. Are these good deals for P90 loaded axes?

Anyone have a '56 (NON-HISTORIC) reissue? Do you like it? Any picts?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  2. goodtone

goodtone Member

Fellow Junior addict hear. Find a real vintage Gibson P90 and put her in, seat belt is optional of course.

3. dewman

How much were they originally. I think I paid too much for mine yesterday and may take it back...

4. skydog

skydog Supporting Member

I was really looking for a junior when I found this and couldn't imagine being without the sound of a P-90 in the NECK position: [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  5. nsureit

nsureit Supporting Member

My John Lennon LP Jr. is supposed to be a 1956...
    John Lennon Les Paul Junior
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. dewman

I saw a Lennon last winter at Midtown Music in Atlanta but didnt play it...Hefty pricetag if I remember but cool guitar! How's that Charlie Christian pup in the neck?

7. nsureit

nsureit Supporting Member

The CChristian pup is "warmer" than the P90 (does that make sense?). It provides a good clean by itself, and softens the twang of the P90 when used in combination. Interestingly, the Gibson Custom Shop installed the CChristian upside dow with the notch under the "A" string. I did some research that revealed that the notch should be under the "B" string, so, I flipped it over. Sonically, I could not hear any difference. I understand that it has something to do with the EMF.