Anyone have a Guitar Price Guide handy?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by RDM, Apr 18, 2008.

1. RDM

RDM Senior Member

There's a guitar that was listed on eBay today that I've been looking for....but I think the guy's reserve is way too much. I just wanted to double check.

It's a 1994 Ibanez s540FM. Color is TT. THe guy says it's a 9/10, but the pups are not original. If anyone could look this up for me, that would be swell. His reserve is $900, and I'm guessing it's about $300 too high, but I could be wrong.

2. RDM

RDM Senior Member

3. Elwood

Elwood Member

2007 Vintage Guitar guide shows $650-$800

4. RDM

RDM Senior Member

Sweet!!! Thanks for the info!!

5. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane Silver Supporting Member

It's NO longer an Ibanez s540FM, if the pups are switched.

Let your ears and hands decide if it's good. If it's over the web, ask if you can have the original pick-ups too.

It always amazes me, how people can think that they are "up-grading" pickups, when they change from what the designers chose, to what they swallowed h-l-&-s from advertising.

2 cents

6. PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy Member

You can go to Amazon.com, and search for the Blue Book of Guitars. For that book, they have the "search inside" function working, so you can get a "free" look at BB pricing information.

7. RDM

RDM Senior Member

I was not aware. Thanks!

The middle pup is original, the bridge and neck have been replaced....but I have an original set handy...so I can swap them out.

8. omni

omni Member

I bought one from Daddy's junky with case mint for 280.. 2 years ago. It was a Japan made. I'm shocked if they have gone up that much. Why..

9. bluesrules

bluesrules Member

Sounds like you got a deal.

I had a buddy that use to be in to these guitar's and if an "F" was in the serial number, that meant they were made in a good factory in Japan somewhere. And those were the most sought after ones.

Why are they so $$$$? I guess Joe Satriani used that model before he got the signature Ibanez, and you can take it from there...... Plus they have the ultra thin original Wizard necks