Anyone have a Jaques pedal go down?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by brewbaker, Mar 2, 2012.

1. brewbaker

brewbaker Supporting Member

I have a Meistersinger and the rate control is malfunctioning, the rate is very fast no matter where you set it. Anyway I emailed Jacques about it and have not had a response yet. Can anyone add info about experiences if any?

2. JPF

JPF Member

I've had a Meistersinger in my board for the last 5 years or so with no problems whatsoever. Don't know what else to tell you - I hope you get yours sorted out painlessly.

3. rhythmrocker

rhythmrocker 1966 Battle of the Bands Supporting Member

Had mine 6 years without issues. Great chorus.

4. Tubevalvemaniac

Tubevalvemaniac Member

I throw away Jacques pedal, total junk.

5. drolling

drolling Member

I've got one of his analog delays (The Prisoner) purchased new thru' a Canadian distributor. I e-mailed him in France (from 2 different addresses) with some questions before & after I recieved it. Both went unanswered. It's a pretty cool pedal, and fortunately, has worked flawlessly for years now

I've heard it's also an awesome sounding chorus. Best of luck getting yours fixed

6. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

If the pot no longer does what it's supposed to, the wiring to the pot or the pot itself are the most likely culprits. If you can't get ahold of Jacques, then try dis-assembling the pedal and see if you can replace the pot (it'll have a number code on it telling you what value/taper it is and then you'll have to find one that'll fit in the space and solder it up the same way).

7. Echobird

Echobird Member

Hi. I posted this same response in another forum about Jacques pedals. This is a person that doesn't stand by his products.

I used to own a Meistersinger, Prisoner, Fat burner and Fuse blower about 5 years ago. After a year of owning a prisoner delay it got noisy. When i contacted Jacques to ask if he could look at it he asked how i purchased it. I replied that i bought all my Jacques pedals from Musicians Friend. He said he doesn't deal through MF and outright refused to help me. He wouldn't negotiate and no matter what he just left me high and dry. I contacted MF and they said they most certainly are authorized to sell Jacques pedals because they get them through Godlyke distributing and they deal with him. I was extremely upset over this totally unfair treatment of a paying loyal customer. I mean i purchased 4 of his pedals... that's loyalty isn't it? That made no difference to him. He didn't care one bit and wouldn't get off his high horse to help me.

I sold all my jacques pedals and woudn't every buy another. I won't say his pedals are garbage because i actually think they sound pretty good. But his disregard for customers is enough to turn me away for good. There's plenty of other effect makers who take care of their customers. Don't buy from Jacques. For lack of better words, he is a total prick

8. steam-powered

steam-powered Member

Glad I read this, I was about to buy the Jacques Over Tube from musicians friend today, about an hour ago, but did a quick search to see if anybody had any issues with customer service first.

Reputation is everything. I would NEVER purchase a Jacques pedal after learning that he could care less about his customers. Thank goodness I read this post before buying the Over Tube!!!