anyone have a patch on your POD hd500 with their acoustic guitars

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Jacksguitars, May 4, 2015.

1. Jacksguitars

Jacksguitars Member

I have a Taylor 210E and want to use my POD HD500 to run some eq and effects... if anyone uses it.. please share what type of patch you set up, that would be hugely appreciated.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  2. chuskey

chuskey Member

I use a JTV69 for acoustic sounds and love the sound I get with the HD500X. Here's the patch I use. It's been EQ'd for my guitar and monitor setup so I know you'll have to adjust it for your own use, but maybe it will be of some use :)

http://line6.com/customtone/upload/index.html

3. texasdave

texasdave Member

Here's the patch I use for mandolin and acoustic:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkuc4ff7l6eienb/Mandolin.5xe?dl=0

I'm not at the HD500 but what I recall is that it's set up for the top buttons as follows: FS1 = Studio EQ FS2 toggles two instances of the same compressor. I wanted to use compressor to bring mandolin solos forward in the mix a bit but on its own was changing the tone. So this switch toggles from compressor "on" to "barely on." FS3 is delay FS4 is just enough reverb to give the mandolin a little body. Works fine on acoustic as well. Give it a try. Seems like I set FS1 up to serve as a boost but I think I leave it on all the time now.

Texasdave

4. MKB

MKB Silver Supporting Member

I've used a HD500 for quite a few acoustic instruments (J-45 with K+K pickup, mandolin with LR Baggs Radius, a classical with a Barcus Berry pickup, among others) and it worked very well. I have used either no amp (just EQ's and other effects) as well as the Tube Preamp with very good results.

I found an interesting trick that is sometimes not mentioned; remember that the HD500 has two inputs, the standard guitar input and the Aux input. You can use the Aux input for acoustic instruments and the standard input for electrics, that way you don't have to switch cables. You can set the acoustic patch to use the Aux input and the electric patches to use the Guitar in. This weekend I had to do some fast switching between acoustic and high gain electric in a song, so I took a Brian Moore with a RMC pickup and plugged the acoustic side into the Aux in and electric to guitar in. The switching was immediate, it worked very well.

5. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

I've been using it in tandem with an acoustic preamp since it first came out in my 2-voice rig, but now with the Vintage HD model pack and that acoustic model... plus the vintage Mike Pre... I can use it all by itself now.

It's really fantastic for it imho.

I have an article in my signature that has some sound samples, which include the AG Stomp, but soon I'll be making new samples with ONLY the HD.

6. Jacksguitars

Jacksguitars Member

I love the idea of the 2 voice guitar.. that is amazing

7. CoKid

CoKid Member

Pietro... Recently picked up a HD500X for the purpose of more seamlessly integrating my Crowdster +2 into my live rig. I like the idea of being able to set up some decent patches to blend the Crowdster mags and piezo. I'm new at this and still trying to find what works best for me but I have watched your 2-voice videos and taken away some ideas.

Look forward to seeing your new samples with only the HD. I haven't bought any of the new packs yet but probably will sometime soon since you're obviously impressed enough with the new acoustic patch to consider no longer using the AG Stomp in your setup.

8. Jacksguitars

Jacksguitars Member

9. Rockfiddler

Rockfiddler Member

I use the Hiwatt model w/ 412 cab and hall reverb for my electric violin, for an acoustic violin tone. It seems to be the flattest and cleanest model at high output. I'm very happy with it.

10. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

I just used my HD500 with my acoustic this morning for church. I use a clean patch with a little compression, reverb, delay and chorus. Sounds great with the band.

11. dramaticrunner

dramaticrunner Member

Hd500 is mostly in use for my acoustic rig atm. Studio comp > graphic eq > delay (hardly used) > reverb (hardly used)

Having a volume pedal, tuner, balanced outs, and if needed in a pinch a microphone input, makes this unit the perfect acoustic unit for me.

Wish it could do some acoustic body resonance modeling like on the L2T.

12. Jacksguitars

Jacksguitars Member

bump... if anyone has a patch, please share for acoustic guitars

13. Digital Igloo

Digital Igloo Member

The POD 2.62 FW update includes a Variax setlist of presets. Quite a few of them are designed for Variax's acoustic models, but they should work just fine with a traditional acoustic.

14. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

Mine no longer work without the Vintage Amp Pack or whatever it was called that just came out.