Anyone have a subscription to Outside mag?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by urizen, Feb 14, 2015.

1. urizen

urizen Gold Supporting Member

I'm asking because A) there's a truly great short essay on what makes dogs perfect that I thought you might like to share from your online sub on here for dog lovers, and B) I'm thinking about subscribing myself, but since I'm only piqued w/ curiosity enough to pick it up every once in a while, I wondered if regular/long-timesubscribers it's been generally worth it in the long run (and/or if you think it's quality has gotten better or worse or stayed generally the same over time; seeing Frazier in it impressed me, since I have high regard for him from his published work in other venues/arenas).

2. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

I used to, but I let all our magazine subscriptions lapse except for the New Yorker...sorry, bud.

3. Steve Foley

Steve Foley Member

Yeah, same here - just let it go a few months ago, after subscribing or years. The only mags I'm still getting are Nat Geo (and it's going when it lapses), Wood & Steel (Taylor) and Premier Guitar.

You might check online, and see if you can get the article if that's all you want.

It was, like I said, one of my regulars for YEARS; I enjoyed it muchly, but just don't have time for any more "stuff" these days. I pretty much read it cover to cover, when I had time.

4. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

Yeah, Outside was pretty good bathroom reading. ;)

5. Schroedinger

Schroedinger Member

Been subscribing for 4 years, and I've read every single issue cover to cover. Best magazine going IMO- the writing is outstanding, they cover very interesting topics, and it never gets repetitive. I'm a huge fan. Of course there are lots of outdoor gear ads and reviews, but I don't mind because I have gear lust for outdoors stuff the same way I do for guitar stuff.