• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone have a Suhr MK style guitar? Very interested!

nikku

After getting my second Suhr Classic (What an amazing guitar!!!) I have a sudden urge to get my hands on an MdK style one. Big influence for me when I was in my teens and playing guitar. I generally don't go for signature guitars but they just look stunning.

What gets me is that we are often told that EMG pups have no soul and that Floyd Rose trems rob tone (I myself have a love hate relationship with Floyd Rose style, I live them set up pretty stiff, I hate it when they flutter so much every time to strum you can feel the reverberation) but there is MK with his EMG loaded, Floyd Rose trem, maple neck on mahogany body guitar.

...but seems to work here!!

I am in Japan and Suhrs are ridiculously overpriced considering the strong yen at the moment so I would be very interested in knowing where I could get one from a US dealer (or direct!) and how much one of these would cost. They are absolutely stunning guitars!

Anything you would spec slightly differently? I like the idea of the back route direct mount HB and maybe a slightly thicker neck in mahogany. Maybe even forgo the EMG pups!

Any info or links would be very welcome.

beorn

Reminds me of another recent thread about "JM tone."

(JM turned out not to be John McLaughlin, unfortunately.)

nikku

Thanks for the PMs I have received. I will contact some of the dealers and see what they say, a lots of threads about these in the past so I will trawl through those as well. After thinking, I would be much better just speccing out MY perfect guitar. I just love the looks of those carved top standards!

Trending Topics