Anyone have an idea what type of wood this is?

Neverwhere

oTsAP1G.jpg

Any ideas about this wood on the top of this guitar?

GtarMkrJed

I did some digging and found this past Reverb ad for that guitar. It is a Wandre Polyphon Reverb from Italy with built in reverb! Specs list the fretboard and headstock as rosewood so I would suspect the body is also.

What the heck is that spring loaded spear thing? And whats with the two smaller coils inside of the end of that tube?
The two smaller coild must be related to the reverb system (springs in the spring reverb.
The spring loaded spear thing for gods name I can't imagine what that is for. I'd have to think about it some more.
That is seriously the strangest thing I have ever seen inside a guitar. Its actually quite astonishing.

The two smaller coild must be related to the reverb system (springs in the spring reverb.
The spring loaded spear thing for gods name I can't imagine what that is for. I'd have to think about it some more.
That is seriously the strangest thing I have ever seen inside a guitar. Its actually quite astonishing.

The 'spring loaded spear' is for when you go tone hunting...

Actually it's the trem spring, although why it had to be mounted on such a lethal looking spike one can only wonder. If I'm not mistaken Brian May's Red Special uses a similar system (without the spear!), the trem is held in place using compression, rather than tension as it is on a 'regular' guitar.

It is indeed one of the most outlandish guitars I've seen - more people should build guitars this way...

Neverwhere

The onboard reverb sounds pretty good too.

It's kind of obscured by him using delay (wish he hadn't done that) but it's pretty cool. brass plug in the end of the pipe that must be a piezo transducer, there is a spring for the reverb in the tube. The poles in the middle of the molded plastic guard have something to do with the reverb system but I'm not sure how it all goes together. The "spear spring thing" is the tremolo system (simple knife point unit). I build one for a Wandre Spazial project and they are really nice feeling.
Wandres are pretty ridiculous things. They have an aluminum tube for a neck too.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom