Anyone have any experience with Island Cases?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Catoogie, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Catoogie

Catoogie Senior Member

I'm thinking of buying some covers or cases for my amps and I came across Island Cases on Ebay. They seem pretty inexpensive, anyone know the deal on these? I'm mainly interested in them for local moving of my amps, not so much heavy duty road work so instead of paying nearly the same price for a cover, these look like they could be a good deal.

Thanks!

2. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

I've bought a few from them (NYCaseCo..same people). Make sure you are getting their "ATA" style cases with the recessed latches etc and you should be ok. I have bought a couple of 2x12 combo cases and a couple of mixer cases from them and they were fine. I bought one cheapo case from them and lets just say you get what you pay for. Their customer service is kind of crappy, you have to call them in NY, they will not answer questions via email. They have some pretty good deals though if you are looking for light-medium duty road cases.

3. Zuper

Zuper Supporting Member

4. CrazyHeart

CrazyHeart Member

I bought a case for my Carr Rambler from Jason Keeley, Robert Keeley's brother. I had it made with fiberglass instead of wood and I love it. It weighs almost nothing and is ATA approved.

http://www.robertkeeley.com/ :JAM

5. doublee

doublee Member

daggone! I just ordered a case from them today...it did seem too cheap...

I posted on this subject 2 days ago and got very scant reply...