Anyone have any experience with Logan Customs?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by fuzzfan1, May 6, 2008.

1. samuelson

samuelson Member

My Logan Tele arrived today and what a nice guitar this is. nothing Cheesy about it; the build quality, the fret work, the finish, the setup and the birdseye maple neck is all high quality. and it sounds even better than it looks. I ran it through an entire array of amps, from Morgan to Blankenship to Vox to BadCat to Marshall and it sounds great. Great sustain. This guitar just sings. And for the price, you can't beat this.

I've already ordered another one this evening: The George Harrison copy. I can't imagine how nice that is going to be.

Get a Logan!!!!!!

2. Hard2Hear

Hard2Hear Member

I've had my '52 style for a few months now and it hangs well with all my other guitars, most of which were much more expensive than the Logan. I see he has added some finish options recently (gloss nitro and poly). This will really expand his popularity I think.

3. Ricky Anderson

Ricky Anderson Member

how can he put very low prices for his guitars ?

4. samuelson

samuelson Member

I completely agree. I have an American Deluxe Telecaster, a 50's roadworn telecaster, and a G and L Will Ray Telecaster, all over or around a grand, and this guitar is much better. it sounds better too.

How does Bob do it on the price point. the set up is really good too.

5. Kevbo599

Kevbo599 Member

I picked up a used one and I am very happy with it.

6. AngryGoldfish

AngryGoldfish Member

Bump. This is curious to me, too. When something seems too good to be true, it often is. My gut is telling me to just pick up a used Fender or a Mexican model, because $999, even with import duties and shipping fees to Europe, it'll be an affordable 'hand made' instrument, something that is very difficult to find over here.

7. samuelson

samuelson Member

I have a huge assortment of guitars, with most being high end PRS, Hamer, Gibson,etc. I also now have three Logan guitars and they are not only a very nice guitar but a fabulous deal price wise. I think he buys the necks instead of making them himself which would cut way down on the cost. but two telecaster styles have typical tele pickups; one of them is built to copy George Harrisons' rooftop telecaster. one has P-90's and it sound fantastic.

I've had pro guitar repair guys (like Mark at Wild West Guitars) look at all three and he is very impressed in general and even more so at the price point.

I also have one of those road worn Ensenada tele's and it doesn't hold a candle to the quality of the Logan. (nice guitar though with the Lollars put in it) it's a thrasher. You won't want to thrash the Logan; it's too nice. ( and I had to take the first two road worn tele's back as the trussel rod was defective.)

Logan is the real deal. I'd get one.

8. Brian Johnston

Brian Johnston Member

I think price is an illusion. I work with a luthier in Florida... his prices are very good, to say the least. This likely is because he's a one-man-band with 25 years experience and who work a different job for income. It's when you become more popular as a builder, you have to hire others, build a bigger shop, etc., that prices start to go up for the same quality.

9. AngryGoldfish

AngryGoldfish Member

I've considered this, yeah. This Bob Logan builder could well posses a shop with very low overheads and doesn't require the money from building guitars to provide for his well being. Still, something has got to be sacrificed here to make them this affordable. I'd rather know what that is before considering one myself.

10. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

"I liked it so much I decided to swap out the pickups!"

"Then I liked it even more, so I put a new neck on it!"

"Continuing my love with this instrument, I swapped out the body!"

;)

"If I love it any more, it will be in the Emporium soon!"