Anyone have any experience with OceanEFX?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Marc Roy, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Marc Roy

Marc Roy Member

I was checking out their website, and the Pearl Drive sounds really interesting, I'm really tempted to order it. Anyone use their effects? Opinons?

2. ford

ford Supporting Member

I'm getting ready to buy a Tremolicious. Anytime I've had a question the answer has come quickly via email or even here!

rock

bford

3. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

He's a forum member. He's beyond solid.

4. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

He's posted here and at the ToneFactor Forum.
    Seems like a really cool dude, and those pedals do sound good! :)

5. zerorez

zerorez Supporting Member

I just ordered a Tremalicious from Corby at OceanEFX, I do not use tremolo to often for an effect, but the clips sound great and the price is right. I was looking for a no frills tremolo with a volume control. This one seems to cover the sounds bases very well. Corby replied back very promptly and answered all my questions before I ordered.

I will give a tone report when it arrives:D

6. DaveG

DaveG Gold Supporting Member

I got Pearl Drive #3 a few weeks ago & I'm diggin' it. Corby was great to deal with; he kept in touch with me throughout the build, had it done when he said he was going to, and put up with my dumb questions even after I received the pedal... he's very patient! :)

I was all set to get a used Zendrive, but decided to try out the Pearl Drive instead; I'm glad I did. I can't tell you how it compares to the Zen, but it gets me the sounds I was looking for, even with my "suck-tone" hands... too bad it didn't come with some licks! :eek: It also gets along very well with my other pedals. The PD is very touch & volume sensitive, more than my other pedals, and it took me some time to get used to that; you can go from pretty big gain to beautiful clean, just by changing your pick attack or guitar's volume knob. It's forcing me to pay more attention to how hard I hit the strings, and to use my volume knob once in a while! :AOK

Btw, my "Dumble-y" pedal experience is pretty limited. I've had a Barber Small Fry, Xotic BB, MI Audio BBD, Menatone Howie, Pedalworx Cactus Crunch. I've kept the Small Fry, the Cactus Crunch, and now the Pearl Drive. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in...

[​IMG]

7. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

Corby is definitely one of the good guys. Really top notch build quality, tone and customer service. I won his "name my new fuzz" contest and he built me this one off that perfectly matched my new Fargen amp. And it's a totally badass tonebender style fuzz to boot. Love it.

[​IMG]

8. Dickie Fredericks

Dickie Fredericks Member

As has been said, Corby is one of the good guys. He makes some really nice pedals. Im all about the Vintage Echo and the Bullet Boost.

There are a few others he has that Ill get on the board soon enough.

Yeah the tremalicious is really cool too. The first Pearl arrived for me a few months back and man thats a killer pedal. Really nice.

You wont be disappointed.

9. Goofball

Goofball Member

He's got a pretty nice site. I have to admit that I hadn't heard of Ocean EFX but this thread caught my eye. His site is really well laid out and to the point. Haven't listened to the clips yet but I will.

I think i'm interested in the Tremolicious and the Vintage Echo.

10. ford

ford Supporting Member

His clips sound nice for sure.

11. TweedBassman

TweedBassman Member

his pedals look really solid. more importantly, he seems like an honest, humble, down to earth person here and on other effects boards. i'd much rather buy one of his pedals than someone who cannot control their internet temper IMHO.

12. Ocean

Ocean Member

Right back atcha, my friend...you've got some great stuff happening over in your neck of the woods as well! Very nice stuff indeed.

13. Marc Roy

Marc Roy Member

Corby, it looks like I'll be getting a Pearl Drive from ya very soon (my damn computer at home is on the fritz at the moment).

14. ford

ford Supporting Member

That's what I like to hear!!!! Can't wait to order one.

bford

15. bramhall774

bramhall774 Member

I've got the tremalicious and the vintage echo and they're both quality boxes. The blue light on the tremalicious pulses at the speed you set it, which is a nice addition. Corby is very quick and helpful when answering questions too.