Anyone have any Fargen Min-Plex clips?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by BlueHeaven, Nov 24, 2005.

1. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Michael Patrick sent me one using a P90 LP that was really good. Do you guys know where I can find any more, maybe one with a Strat or a 'bucker loaded guitar? I've got a M-P head coming soon but the matching cab( w/Heritage Greenback) will be awhile and I'd like some clips to keep me going. Clips anyone?
    Greg

2. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

3. * velcro-fly *

* velcro-fly * Supporting Member

No clips here, but...

I owned one for a while and the thing that impressed me the most about this amp were the clean tones available...In fact, I would buy one again simply for that fact. Just awesome.

The dirty tones didn't do much for me - but then again it was in a room with a Bogner XTC 101b, an Aiken Sabre and an SLO at the same time....

The cleans though ? :dude

Steve E

4. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Hey, thanks for the reply. I know the M-P was in the company of some top notch amps but could you describe what you didn't like about the dirty tones? Was this more of a personal preference thing, like the other amps had that real smooth saturation and the M-P was more raw and rude or what? Also, did you try different power tube types? Definitely be honest here but don't crush me (lol) 'cause the amp is paid for!
    Greg

5. FUSER

FUSER Member

How much did the head cost?

6. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

I believe it was $1025 shipped from MusicToyz.
    Greg

7. FUSER

FUSER Member

Thats a good price. I have been thinking of getting one, but I am waiting for one to popup here or on ebay.

8. * velcro-fly *

Not to worry, you're going to love the amp. The comparison I was making though is kind of like like comparing a 68 'Volkswagon Bug to a 2005 Mercedes Benz CLK500 in terms of horsepower.....with the other amps in the room, the Mini Plex sounded just, well, "Mini" in comparison....not at all a slam on the amp, and again the clean tones were just insane. I ended up with a Bogner Metropolis at the same time and it just worked out for me better then.

You're getting a great amp - have a tone of fun with it :dude

Steve E

9. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

There was a real good ebay deal about a month or two ago but I hadn't sold my McCarty yet and couldn't pull the trigger then. What I'm looking for are the tones of my heroes like Cream period Clapton, Mountain, Trower, Free, Jimi, Humble Pie, etc. I don't expect their exact tones of course just get me in the ballpark at volumes that don't make my ears bleed.
    Greg

10. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Velcro-fly,
    Thanks, yeah I can understand what you mean about the other amps dwarfing the sound. The Mini-Plex, at least volume-wise, is perfect for my needs. It's kinda between a bedroom amp (it's TOO loud) and a gigging amp and that's what I want.
    Greg

11. * velcro-fly *

Greg -

FWIW - dont let the term "mini" fool you, this amp is capable of being PLENTY loud. I should also clarify that at the time I had mine I was fairly anti-pedal (still am to some degree...) so winding it all the way up to get it to grind wsn't really happening for me.

Steve E

12. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the info. Pedals are kind of a "necessary evil" for me but I'm learning to live with it.
    Greg

13. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Bump one last time for clips...please?

14. FUSER

FUSER Member

BlueHeaven,

If you have it, could you email me the p90 LP clip?

s.syedhh@gmail.com

I am really interested in this amp.

15. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Ah, could you tell me how to do that? lol I'm serious, if the Mini-Plex wasn't labelled I probably wouldn't know how to turn it on! I'd be more than happy to if you can guide me thru it.
    Greg

16. FUSER

FUSER Member

BlueHeaven,

Most email software have a file attachment option. So you can use that to attach the mp3 file, hopefully its not too big.
    Hotmail and most other free services allow big files to be attached. I can receive a file as big as 10 MB on the above address.

17. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Let me know if you got the email w/mp3...I tried!
    Greg

18. FUSER

FUSER Member

Yes, git it. Thanks,

Git to start saving or wait for the tax refund.

:cool:

19. Rusty G.

Rusty G. Member

I've got a Mini Plexi combo with the Weber Blue Dog. I run the Master dimed and the Volume knobl at around 3:00 o'clock. It totally kills with a Les Paul. It may be particular to me, but the Weber breaks up too soon, so I also run it at half power and run a Dr. Z AirBrake with two clicks on it to get just the right home running volume, with the wife in the back of the house so I don't get her P.O.'d at me. With the AirBrake off, it's perfect for recording and jamming to a loud stereo.

Great amp. It's currently my favorite amp with humbuckers. Of course, I'm not really into high gain music. . .more of a classic rock guy. Anyway, you'll like the sound of your Fargen. . .It's a great amp.

Good luck!