Anyone have any "religious" experiences at live shows? Which ones?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by jjboogie, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Frater B

Frater B Silver Supporting Member

December 2017 King Crimson double quartet, overwhelming at times.

Halfbiscuit likes this.
  2. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

Pink Floyd momentary tour at Giants Stadium, They started Us and Them and it started to rain lighty and swear to god right when the song kicks in to the heavier part it started pouring. It was like it was part of the show. Cool concert moment.

3. forgivenman

forgivenman Member

Jeff Beck in 2011- front row in Atlanta. I snuck in with my brother and was memorized!

4. drunkenguitar

drunkenguitar Member

Radiohead. The summer of 2001 @ The Gorge, WA.

5. Hallogallo

Hallogallo Member

Get ready for another religious experience, The Killing Joke are touring!

What year was that Verve show?
    I think I may have a recording of that show.

6. Heinz57Pep

Heinz57Pep Member

On the overwhelming tip, seeing Pat Metheny and Ornette Coleman on the Song X tour from second row center seats was like being in the ring with Tyson. Ridiculously intense.

Not sure why but I completely lost it when the Stones played "Midnight Rambler" on the Steel Wheels tour. They were all cleaned up visually by that time in the '80s, but sonically it was just as filthy as the Ya-Ya's version.

7. johan

johan Member

Shaking hands with BB King at a concert mid 90s. He had HUGE hands!

8. Teal_66

Teal_66 Member

Back in 2012 I saw Tame Impala in Chicago. The opening act was a band called, "The Amazing".
    When the Amazing's guitarist hit his first few notes, it was far and away the absolutely most beautiful tone that my ears have ever heard.
    His tone was ethereal and lush. To this day I have not heard anything even close. The guitarist coincidentally was Dungen's "Reine Fiske". The Amazing is a side project for him. Oh...but that tone... :bow

9. guitarjazz

guitarjazz Member

10. lspaulsp

lspaulsp Gold Supporting Member

1973ish Wishbone Ash played Houston in Jefferson Stadium. It rained all day. When WBA came out the rain stopped a HUGE rainbow formed and they played The King Will Come during an awesome dub! It was magical................wow man pretty colors. I wanna Jack in the Box taco.

11. SDB

SDB Member

Grateful Dead - I'd never had any kind of spiritual experience before, and didn't even understand what it meant, but it happened to me at Cal State Dominguez Hills when I was 35 years old. I know it's cliche, but it really did change my life. It happened several times after, but the two I remember most aside from that were Vegas with a lightning storm in the distance, and Oakland right after Bill Graham died. Ken Kesey spoke at that one and it was moving. I got to meet him once between sets at a Jerry Garcia Band Halloween show.

Jefferson Airplane with Papa John Creach. I wasn't a big Airplane fan, but went to see them at The Del Mar Fair for seven bucks. The band was playing for a while when all of a sudden my friend started jumping up and down screaming with joy. I asked him what was up, and he said "You see that old black man being helped across the stage behind the drummer? That's Papa John Creach! He's gonna come out here and F'ing wail"! Papa John was old and frail and needed help walking, but it was one of the best shows I've had the pleasure of seeing. He was incredible.

PinK Floyd in San Diego during the Pulse Tour. We had great seats for that one and it was awesome. They had a lot of special effects, but they didn't overdo any of them. There were big inflatable pig heads sticking out of towers in each side of the stage, and they had those heads bobbing!

Michael Hedges at The High Sierra Music Festival. I can't say I felt anything religious or spiritual at that one, but I truly did feel blessed to have seen him. He was amazing.

12. flume

flume Gold Supporting Member

The Verve show may be 91 or so. YES! Killing Joke on the road: grit your teeth!

Hallogallo likes this.