Anyone have bad things to say about Ibanez AD9?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TimH, Jan 10, 2006.

1. TimH

TimH Member

thnking about getting one of these to add to my DD6 so I have long and short delay. Is this a bad buy or not?

2. Gamle John

Gamle John Member

3. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

Which one, Ive had both the reissue, and an original AD-9. The original was great sorry i sold it. I may get another someday. It had a nice and chewey vibe to it great andy sommers kinda thing going on. The ressiue was not as organic and chewey and brighter. The brightness of the reissue was kinda cool. teleblaster. :)

4. Brion

Brion Supporting Member

I have an original and it's great. Have not tried the reissue.

5. jj jafar

jj jafar Member

I use the reissue set for a slight echo,repeat and level set low,and works great for me.I dont notice any real change in my tone.Of course like i said Ive got the level pretty low though.Jason

6. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

I have an old AD-99 with the butterfly/fairy thing and it is still one of my favorites. I also have a Memory Lane

7. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

Mine sounded like an ass. It was super fake soundding and had a raspy almost digital sounding decay....useless for me.

Strangely enough I just bought a cheap Ibanez DL5 Soundtank that kicks ass. Nice clear repeats man. It's not the most versatile delay but for a little slap or aan ambieent EJ type thing it works just fine.

It's the first delay I've been happy with(tried a DM3, AD9, SIB Mr Echo, and another I can't think of) since I sold my Echo Plex.

8. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

I love my original Ibanez AD9, I think it's one of the best analog delays ever. I also like the Maxon AD80 Reissue...small size and 9V operation...nice features for the compact pedalboards! Too bad they don't make it anymore. Never tried the AD9 Reissue though.
    :AOK

9. mesaspeedlab

mesaspeedlab Member

Buy the modded Ibanez AD-9 from Keeley, any shortcomings that the reissue has are taken care of, its worth the extra money $189 shipped, got mine in 4 or 5 days. Comparing it to the Maxon AD-9 the keeley modded AD-9 seems to make your guitar tone a little darker when the pedal is engaged, but its totally usable, I dont have to make setup adjustments to compensate. I dont think this is a result of the mods but just the way the reissue pedal sounds. And then after adding the true bypass switch, Keeley wires the stock switch to work as a hold button for the repeats, its a fun little noisemaker, infinite repeats. I didnt get all the toggle switches and exp pedals, just the TBS, and it sounds great.

10. TimH

TimH Member

I was talking about the re-issue. Thanks for all the replys. Any thoughts on the re-issue versus the stereo memory man? I'm just looking for a good short delay to use when soloing - something warm. Anything long will be handled by the DD6.