Anyone have recent shipping issues with AMS?

DG_Griffin

After a long stint of using modelers (will still be my go to at church) I decided to get back into tube amps. Thanks Rick and Rhett!

I ordered a Tweed Blues Jr. from AMS the other day and was excited to pick it up from FedEx yesterday. Stop by and low and behold it’s in a box that is DEFINITELY not an amp. Gig bag or something.

Then I get a shipping notification from AMS (they didn’t send one originally, just FedEx) yesterday. Unfortunately it looks like they sent it under the same tracking # as the wrong package. I refused the original package to have it sent back to AMS.

Now (maybe?) my amp is out there, with no way of really knowing where. First world problems, I know. I am just excited to bless my ears with some sweet tube tone.
Anyone ever have a similar thing happen? Care to share the outcome?

Festus

Yes, I ordered a case from AMS, and it was quite a challenge to get it delivered to the correct address. AMS tried to deliver it to my old address - even though I had changed my address to my new current address in my account- and even after confirming my new address with the rep on the phone several times.

DG_Griffin

Yes, I ordered a case from AMS, and it was quite a challenge to get it delivered to the correct address. AMS tried to deliver it to my old address - even though I had changed my address to my new current address in my account- and even after confirming my new address with the rep on the phone several times.

I’m hoping it eventually showed up? I’m a bit frustrated not really knowing what’s going on with my amp. All because some goober lacks attention to detail.

Festus

I’m hoping it eventually showed up? I’m a bit frustrated not really knowing what’s going on with my amp. All because some goober lacks attention to detail.

Yes it did eventually show up. I had to do an address correction with Fed Ex as well.

CATSCANMAN

Gold Supporting Member
I don’t have that problem with them. They put me on their bad list. They say on their home page you can buy and return within 45 days but that is not exactly true. I bought returned or exchanged items and now they say I am banned from buying anything because I did too many exchanges or returns. Does not matter because there are so many other choices to purchase gear I will spend my money somewhere else.

Cliffhydro

Silver Supporting Member
I don’t have that problem with them. They put me on their bad list. They say on their home page you can buy and return within 45 days but that is not exactly true. I bought returned or exchanged items and now they say I am banned from buying anything because I did too many exchanges or returns. Does not matter because there are so many other choices to purchase gear I will spend my money somewhere else.

Ugh. How many returns?

Dontchaknow

Silver Supporting Member
Another store will be lucky to get your "turn new inventory into used for free" service.;)

Last edited:

Top Bottom