• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Anyone having problems with extraneous noise on a Space & Timeline combo?

ChaseTMP

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue when using their Eventide Space with a Timeline, or maybe experiencing the same problem with one or the other?

During a 2-3 rehearsal, everything sounds the way I would expect it to, for the first hour and a half, to two-plus hours. After that initial time period; there are some background digital artifacts that almost sound like poor digital representations of rattling tubes or my amp's road case's latches rattling. The initial attack of the notes/chords are prominent; it is just when the reverb/delay is trailing off, that you can here the low level noise. When the noise presents itself; I've gone guitar, straight into the amp and zero extra noise is present.

The only digital pedals I have are those two and everything on my board is powered off its own outlet on either a PP2+ or a Cioks DC10. I'm trying to avoid having to rehearse without one of the pedals for close to two hours and see what happens and then having to repeat the process another night.

It is beyond frustrating, since everything sounds great for the majority of rehearsal and this is only happening at the tail-end of the last two practices. I have a show on the 29th (we're all dressing up as Team Zissou, from The Life Aquatic) and it'll probably be alright for a 45 minute set, but it's something I need to tackle. Anyone, had this issue? and any troubleshooting ideas? I'm certain that it is not: the amp, guitar, connections and I talked to Matt Farrow, at Disaster Amps, who assured me that the DMC6 that controls both, couldn't be adding any additional noise.

Bruce Lychee

I returned a Timeline because I thought it was having weird noise issues. I got a new one back exhibiting the same characteristics. My problems:

Zippering on most pots.

Weird digital blip when changing delay types.

Noise floor was being processed in a way that it simply sound very obviously digital and weird.

Strymon told me the zippering was by design, but couldn't account for the rest.

NHBluesMan

a buddy of mine uses both on his board (along with another dozen or so stompboxes) with no sound issues at all... what else are you running in the chain?

jb4674

Chase, what kind of amp are these boxes going into? Are they in the loop or are they in front of the amp? How are the Space's toggle switches configured?

ChaseTMP

Chase, what kind of amp are these boxes going into? Are they in the loop or are they in front of the amp? How are the Space's toggle switches configured?
They are in front of a Matchless DC30, with both toggles up (Guitar/amp).

NHBluesMan, I'm running: a AVRI Jazzmaster -> Turbo Tuner -> EHX Superego (AM mini-chorus in loop) -> DR. Scientist Elements -> EQD Hoof -> AM KoT (Malekko MKII 616 in loop) -> Orange Squeezer clone (Fromel/GGG) -> Timeline -> Flint -> Space

Trending Topics

Top Bottom