Anyone heard from Mike Walker, the U.K. jazz guitarist?

Carltone

He used to post here quite often but I haven't seen him for a while.... it seems like...

I know he's supposed to have a new project called "Ropes" coming out, but that was about 2 years or so ago when I heard of it...

Love his Impossible Gentlemen cds and spin them quite often...

Carltone

I still hover around, Carl..... just keep quiet, and out of mischief. Hope you're well, amigo.
Good to hear from you! Oh... I love how Ropes turned out... beautiful recording.... worth the wait for sure. The orchestra sounds so great!
Hope you are doing well and have some new projects on the horizon...

mike walker

Cheers, Carl. Yes 'Ropes' came out well. Just a chamber orchestra, not full-blown, but still a big sound.
Impossible Gentlemen have been on hold while Gwil is with Metheny. But things are afoot with that.
I'm planning my next album which has more guitar playing on it and is a follow-up to Madhouse and the Whole Thing There, and I'll be recording that music next year.
And you Carl... what have you been up to? What amp are you using nowadays?

mike walker

Yeah, Mike is a heavy cat! I love listening to him!
Hey Jack!! Takes a cat to know a cat. Saw Steely Dan the other night and Herrington's sound was fantastic.
He's using Guytrone amps. I'm thinking of getting one. He was playing great too.
Hope you're dandy, sir.

jabromusic

Silver Supporting Member
Hey Jack!! Takes a cat to know a cat. Saw Steely Dan the other night and Herrington's sound was fantastic.
He's using Guytrone amps. I'm thinking of getting one. He was playing great too.
Hope you're dandy, sir.

Mike!!! So glad you got to see Steely Dan. They always put on a fantastic show. And yes, I am dandy! :)

mike walker

He's also a good standup comedian if the rumors are true ... ;)

Whose been talkin' Joe? To be honest, I cannot tell a joke to save my wife, but I can spin a yarn... Jokes never stick... I get them wrong on a regular basis. like ... 'This guy goes in a bar, hold on, was it a guy? Yeah, I'm sure it was a guy but it might be a girl, hold up a second .." Etc, I'm just ***** at it. Hope you're good, Joseph.

neils

Mike,

Does anyone know more jokes that make you shake your head like you can’t believe what you heard than Adam Nussbaum? You spent enough time with him to know what I mean.

I’ve known Adam since we were 5. Long ass time. We started playing drums around the same time, pre Beatles but then after they hit we were going going gone. He still is.

He hooked me up with a fresh copy of “Let’s get Deluxe” just a couple of weeks ago.

I hope that Gentleman return in some form.

Neil

Carltone

I'm planning my next album which has more guitar playing on it...

And you Carl... what have you been up to? What amp are you using nowadays?

I was hoping you'd say you were working towards another release!!! Awesome news!

Ampwise: I'm going back and forth randomly between a Swart AST and a Suhr Bella... both with way too many pedals on the floor between them! Too much fun!!!

mike walker

Mike,

Does anyone know more jokes that make you shake your head like you can’t believe what you heard than Adam Nussbaum? You spent enough time with him to know what I mean.

I’ve known Adam since we were 5. Long ass time. We started playing drums around the same time, pre Beatles but then after they hit we were going going gone. He still is.

He hooked me up with a fresh copy of “Let’s get Deluxe” just a couple of weeks ago.

Neil

I have been fried sunnyside up, on a long haul journey, many times, by Adam's unending compendium of funnies.
Every thousand there's a gem. Gents on back-burner while Gwil is with Metheny. Be well, Neil.

mike walker

I was hoping you'd say you were working towards another release!!! Awesome news!

Ampwise: I'm going back and forth randomly between a Swart AST and a Suhr Bella... both with way too many pedals on the floor between them! Too much fun!!!

I'm out of the loop a little with amps but I saw Herrington with the Dan the other night in Manchester and the sound was awesome. So I'm investigating the Guytrone amps. Been talking with Jon by email and he's been most helpful. So I'm selling stuff now. Usual deal.

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
Mike,

Neil

...including myriad Yogi Berra quotes... LOVE Adam!

neils

rwe333 oh yes absolutely
His father knew TONS of jokes too so besides Leadbelly things are passed down

Neil

Trending Topics

Top Bottom