• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Anyone here been to a concert by Marshmello or Deadmau5?

Billy Moss

Let's face it it's mostly pre-recorded music to a crazy killer laser light show, but the shows are awesome entertainment.

Billy Moss

I was at this first video in Las Vegas at the T-Mobile Arena you know where the Vegas Golden Knights play between NY,NY and Park MGM. U know where that's at, right?

Last edited:

twinrider1

I appreciate what they're creating, but I don't get why crowds react to a dj jumping around as if it was an actual band performing. The spectacle of these shows is amazing and I wish rock shows would pick up on what they're doing.

This video is from a computer nerd's perspective so he doesn't quite get what he's seeing, but it's a very cool look at Deadmau5's house and studio. The guy is a gear nerd of the highest level.

Billy Moss

I appreciate what they're creating, but I don't get why crowds react to a dj jumping around as if it was an actual band performing. The spectacle of these shows is amazing and I wish rock shows would pick up on what they're doing.

This video is from a computer nerd's perspective so he doesn't quite get what he's seeing, but it's a very cool look at Deadmau5's house and studio. The guy is a gear nerd of the highest level.

These shows are mostly for people that couldn't tell you the difference between a guitar and a bass guitar. They are there to be entertained and dance. The shows are really invigorating and fun. Go see one.

twinrider1

These shows are mostly for people that couldn't tell you the difference between a guitar and a bass guitar. They are there to be entertained and dance. The shows are really invigorating and fun. Go see one.
Ha, only if I can helicopter into a vip area. I hate dealing with crowds, parking, etc. Plus I'd look like the dad that's only there to find his daughter.

Billy Moss

Someones gotta post it

It's about synching music with a killer laser light show. A lot of time put into production.
A lot more than just an intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, verse, chorus, outro.

These DJ's make a fortune because when they put on a show they sell every ticket.

Billy Moss

Are we supposed to pronounce the ‘5’ as an ‘S’?

Clever.
Yes and he's worth like $50 million dollars for putting a bunch of songs together and creating an amazing laser light show that syncs perfectly for each song.

Some people play the guitar into an amp and step on a wah wah and then others use other types of gear to entertain.

Think of it like going to Disneyland and going on a ride with special effects or watching dinosaurs in the movie Jurassic Park.

Have you ever seen illusionist David Copperfield at the MGM in Las Vegas? It's on the corner of Las Vegas Blvd and Tropicana Ave, Across the street from NY, NY, Excalibur and the Tropicana.

nondeplume

Puppet For Prophet
Platinum Supporting Member
Never seen either them live, did watch Marshmellow 'live' on Fortnite...that was cool.

Love Deadmau5, use to watch him on twitch when he'd work on his Cube V3 stuff, pretty wild

...smart guy, love his rants....he's got a cool masterclass going, here's the trailer for it.

And some pretty funny commentary from him watching DJ's do-nothing-touching-buttons...

Last edited:

chikubi

Never seen either them live, did watch Marshmellow 'live' on Fortnite...that was cool.
Yup, same here. That was a good time and pretty innovative when it appeared.

Even better was the Travis Scott concert from earlier this year. Don’t care for the music, but the visual experience was pretty damn amazing. I certainly can see how virtual concerts could become a common thing in the near future, especially with the bug still active.

GerryJ

....And some pretty funny commentary from him watching DJ's do-nothing-touching-buttons...

Shrewd tactic. He does do a lot of analog prep at home. But at the performance, is he really all that different? Maybe so, like 2 different brands of vanilla ice cream. It's still....vanilla ice cream.
‐---------------
Years ago, someone observed how the demographic here is young women who love to bounce around, so the young guys show up too. Light show is incredible. Music without the light show sounds like a car commercial.
Very few people it appears past age 25.
It's a party, hey good for them. Just like any entertainer, for every Deadmous (spare me the '5', lol) there's 1000 talented EDM guys & girls posting tracks in total obscurity.

Trending Topics