• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Anyone here do a direct test between a Timmy & a Abunai2?

TheGrooveking

As the title states, I was wondering if anyone has compared the Abunai2 against the Timmy, please give me the straight 411.

TheGrooveking

minjason

I've had both pedals on my board at the same time, and they are two very different pedals. The Timmy, as many here have noted, is very transparent and doesn't color your tone too much. The EQ options on the Timmy are great as you can set it almost exactly like your amp with some grit or as a darker light OD/boost. The Abunai 2, on the other hand, is my favorite TS-type pedal at the moment. You have more gain on tap and the 3-way toggle which gets you everything from a vintage TS sound to more open, less compressed overdrive sounds. I would compare it more to a pedal like the Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive...in any case, both are very versatile pedals that I would highly recommend. Also, the Timmy stacks beautifully with the Abunai 2 if you are thinking about buying both.

tonefreak

Let's just say the Timmy is one of the few pedals I own and will NOT make myself. Very different from the Abunai 2.

BluesHarp

The Abunai2 and MJM Blues Devil is a better comparison.

BTW... I wonder how that comparison sounds....

Trending Topics