Anyone here done with their pedalboard?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by usc96, Jun 29, 2008.

1. usc96

usc96 Member

Anyone here done with their pedalboard? ;)

I dare say I might be. For those who have pulled it off, :bow

2. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Nope, and they sure won't be for long if they keep hanging out around here!

3. Chippo

Chippo Member

Ha ha

Unfortunately if you believe in effects then you will never be finished. I have said that I am finished so so many times and then the cravings set in. I will always need that one more thing. I think guitarists are the biggest suckers for it. Good luck

4. usc96

usc96 Member

Here's where I am now. I can think of nothing I need to add. I have a nice wah (RMC3), looper (RC2), fuzz (Sunlion) and vibe (UltraII) in my closet if I want to switch something out, but that's about all I can think of ever needing. I hope. ;)

[​IMG]

5. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

what about a longer delay? just not your style?

6. ibobunot

ibobunot Member

Life is a journey, not a destination.. :)

7. JakeELee

JakeELee Member

You are done. That board kicks serious ass.

8. theanalogdream

theanalogdream Supporting Member

9. rotren

rotren Member

Camrose, Alberta, Canada, but originally from Umea
    Done? I'm just getting started! I just bought a Pedaltrain 2, and I've loaded it up...

10. El Kabong

El Kabong Member

Yes, I am done. At one point, due to you bastids, I had 11 fruitique ODs on my board. My tour consisted of: from the living room, to the kitchen and back. On one loop, I have an Xotic BB, an old FDII and a Frantone Peach Fuzz. On the other loop, I have a Japanese Super Overdrive, an analog Boss delay a Lovepedal Hot Rod 800 and an MXR phaser. A Boss tuner wired to work with either loop is also in the mix.

For stand alone, I have an I.M.I. Lights Tube Taro, the world's fines OD. With no advertising, there are over 100 units sold in Japan to mostly nationally known pros. It should be in the US in the fall.

I still check this section of the board, but am more than happy with what I have.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  11. pbone

pbone Member

I'm selling off something, looking to maybe buy a trem or something, then that's it. Yep. A great, two-channel amp, really helped.

12. Strat58

Strat58 Member

Hi yep played with the pedalboard on saterday, and sunday only took a few pedals with a tuner to the gig. Not only it sounded better it was much more flexiable then al those pedals I only use for a splitsecond. I mainly playes high energy blues rock so the Blue Boy together with a Blues Boy was enough power for the Super Reverb.
    I play with a VOS Les Paul 58 reissue a tone monster.
    Peace Strat58

13. teleman55

teleman55 Member

Use pedals but not my wonderful pedalboard lately. Used 7 pedals last night, plus the switch pedal for the one amp and the vib/rev for the fender, plus an a/b pedal. ...but, no more board. It's more work but I like laying 'em on the stage around my mic stand and my latest kick is...back to batteries. With some pedals it sounds the same, but with some, sounds smoother. Just my crazy take on it.

14. improv4

improv4 Member

Still looking for that right delay. The dirt is all done...I think. Maybe a trem is on the horizon. I haven't had a crazy amount of pedals though. Some of you guys amaze me with your collections and what you've gone through. I guess I should say thanks; I've used your advice and experience on most of my purchases and I really like my board thus far.
    Peace.

15. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

I said I was done a year ago. I've come to realize that I'm only naive to say such a thing :). Like many of you, I've gone through tons of different overdrives and even though I've found a sound that I love, it still doesn't satisfy me for good. I definitely think I've settled down in terms of my GAS but my board is constantly changing, whether it is only by 1 pedal or 6 pedals. Plus, I think as music continues to live, tastes continue to change so my taste in pedal sounds will probably continue to evolve as well.

16. vulcaniza P

vulcaniza P Member

maybe after 3 or 4 more i'll be done.
    a trem a vibe maybe a dd7 and an emma PY-1 PisdiYAUwot....
    ya maybe then i'll be done.

17. wc8485

wc8485 Member

Same here... Since buying a great amp, and upgrading pups. OD's are no longer a thought... Modulation needs are covered, even considering selling/replacing a boutique wah. I still visit here regularly to see what the discussion of the moment is...

18. E Baxter Put

E Baxter Put Member

To quote Wally Cleaver, "I'm not sure if I'm done, but I think I should stop."

19. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

I'm 90% there right now. Still looking for a reverb pedal, and maayyybe a dimension chorus. If any upcoming gig requires it, I will look into a simple od. I've moved past pedals though, and onto other aspects of my gear. I find myself visiting the amp section more than the effects section now.

20. serviviente7

serviviente7 Supporting Member

i think i am done. I just need the turbo tuner and that is it but its on its way. My "gas" for pedals is done too. The good thing is that i am really happy with my sound and anything after what i already have will be pure infatuation.