1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Here Ever Deal With Ampwares.com?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Catoogie, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Catoogie

Catoogie Senior Member

I ordered 5 of their Oxblood/Maroon chicken head knobs for my Tube King on Wednesday and they still haven't arrived, even though they're less than an hours drive from my house. AND, I e-mailed yesterday inquiring about the status of the order and I have yet to received a reply.

Anyone here dealt with them before and if so, what was your experience?

2. jimijazz

jimijazz Member

I've dealt with them and my experience was pretty similar to yours - they don't answer emails and take ages to ship stuff. I'll be going to mojo next time.

3. Structo

Structo Member

They have been talked about many times as having poor service.
    It is a place best to avoid.
    I have read countless posts about people not getting their orders for a long time and they will not answer any emails or phone calls.
    I don't know how they stay in business with the kind of reputation they have.

4. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Silver Supporting Member

I used to use them but had so many problems with poor customer service (ie. none) that I gave up on them.

5. Casey

Casey Member

6. silverface63

silverface63 Member

Horrible service!!! Less than an hour away=a good two to three week wait.

7. Jwoo

Jwoo Member

Please get the word out to avoid them. I hope they get shut down!

I ordered something, then after 2 weeks, I did some research, and found out about their horrible service! So I tried to cancel it, but nobody picks up the phone, and their message box is FULL! I wonder why! The package finally arrived today, but I am returning it; I ordered what I needed elsewhere, and it came quicker. AVOID AMPWARES

8. Rick1114

Rick1114 Member

Yea, I'm an idiot for ordering some caps & pots from them and then saw this thread like a few hours later. Two weeks ago and have heard nothing. Does anyone know if they send you an e-mail when they ship or should I just expect that it will arrive at my door one day?

I would love to cancel, but I have feeling it's not worth the headache in this case. They'll just ignore you!

Rick

9. triple_vee

triple_vee Senior Member

i posted a similar experience. i eventually got my stuff.

from what i've read, they will not rip you off, but neither will they ship fast nor return your emails.

10. FloridaSam

FloridaSam Member

Go Mojo. Best customer service in the WORLD. Fastest shipping in the WORLD. I'm a super happy Mojo cusotmer.

11. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

Avoid...ampwares suck...you will eventually get your product, but expect to wait 3-4 weeks

12. Structo

Structo Member

You're lucky, I've heard 12 weeks............