Anyone here have a Schecter Damien Platinum 6... what do you think of it?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by The Illustrated Bassist, May 24, 2015.

1. The Illustrated Bassist

The Illustrated Bassist Member

I'm a jazz fusion/rock player that loves my two Teles and hasn't had a humbucking guitar since I sold my 74 ES 335 years ago (perhaps a mistake given their current market value, but that thing howled back more than 3 tours worth of Neil Young concerts)... Anyway...

I may have to part with my backup MIM Tele and get one of these. This is the only electric guitar in the last two years that I've picked up and not hated that's not a Telecaster... yes I've tried a SG Classic but its so damned limited tonally (just like every other Gibson on the planet - they have no howl, you have to add that with effects, but if you want a clean base sound, they're great. I don't).

I've thought "if I ever get a shred machine with active pickups w/no whammy bar, this is *it*." (I hate whammy bars anyway). The neck has 24 frets, is flat and wicked fast, the EMG pickups howl, the bat inlays are just badass, and its black - it will go with everything. The South Koreans are making outstanding import guitars... and yeah I will play fusion and metal on this sucker.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/guiā€¦/damien-platinum-6-detail