Anyone here have experience with Langejans?

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by The Last Rebel, May 28, 2008.

1. The Last Rebel

The Last Rebel Member

In my search for a very nice new acoustic, someone pointed my to Del Langejans' guitars. I'm specifically wondering about the LR-6 body style,as it's the exact size I want, and has a cutaway. Now then, I haven't fully convinced my self to drop that much change on an acoustic, but it's not like I can't. I'm really looking for a guitar I'll be able to play and use the rest of my life, which I've already got with my PRS. Basically, at first I'll be using whatever acoustic I get to relearn how to play, I feel that I jumped to electric too soon, and that I have no real base in guitar playing. After that, I'm wanting to use it as a singing/songwriting guitar that I can do country and alt. country on, as well as the occasional church gig.

Ben

2. Baggins

Baggins Member

I own the LR-6. Feel free to pm me with any questions. I'm no virtuoso, but can hopefully help you out.

Chris

3. royd

royd Member

great guitars and a great builder

4. adamg

adamg Member

No long term experience, but I have played a couple on occasion. They had a rosewood neck as well as body with Englemann tops. I am picky and very critical of any guitar I try (always the same with the no talent types ;-)

I thought they were among the very best, had I the funds at that time would have had to really think about it.

Good luck... My other favs are Froggy Bottom, and Santa Cruz (more of a small bench factory)

Adam

5. The Last Rebel

The Last Rebel Member

I'd love to own a Froggy Bottom, unfortunately, I don't have the money.

6. Baggins

Baggins Member

For the 3k price, the LR-6 is not inexpensive, but delivers what a guitar in that range should (as others do, as well). There may be some at GuitarGallery www.guitargal.com with some fairly good sound samples. The body is quite deep, producing some nice resonant overtones and good bass once it's broken in a bit. Another guitar you might check out in this range is the Charis student model, but I believe it's more dough, and I have NO experience with it at all, vs. some very hands-on long term experience with the Langejans. Del also has a guitar for 20k on his site, if you're interested...........;)

Chris

Zion Radicaster
    Zinky 50W Blue Velvet
    Langejans LR-6
    Loriente Clarita S