Anyone here remember fab amps?

DRS

Fab is from around here.
I almost bought some frankenstein amp he was going to build me. Spoke on the phone at length with him. Got cold feet at the last moment.
Then the build pics came out . . .

mountain blues

Gold Supporting Member
Fab is from around here.
I almost bought some frankenstein amp he was going to build me. Spoke on the phone at length with him. Got cold feet at the last moment.
Then the build pics came out . . .

I would love to see some of the old build pics. As I remember, they were pretty comical.

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
I was really thinking about starting my own Electro-Cute-U amps, but even when the name is "cute", it sounds a bit __Insert word here___ too.

DRS

IIRC, Fab used to collect old tube PA amps, radios, console stereos, etc. and cannibalize the parts, chassis, etc. and make these amps. Gut shots looked like rats nests. Lots of dangerous wiring. I remember they were $400 for a head. He'd offer these odd combinations like a 2 channel amp, Marshall plexi and an Orange.

MyMember

IIRC, Fab used to collect old tube PA amps, radios, console stereos, etc. and cannibalize the parts, chassis, etc. and make these amps. Gut shots looked like rats nests. Lots of dangerous wiring. I remember they were $400 for a head. He'd offer these odd combinations like a 2 channel amp, Marshall plexi and an Orange.
Completely untrue, I ordered a two channel Powerwave, $650 shipped back in 2006 and its still working great, NO reused parts. Not the cleanest wiring job but far from your gibberish

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
That was some classic stuff. Then we'll respected builder James Peters announced a partnership with him, not knowing anything about the backstory. Hilarity ensued

Trending Topics

Top Bottom