1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

anyone here stack a tim/timmy and ts-9/silver?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by giggedy, Jun 6, 2006.

1. giggedy

giggedy Member

looking to get a tim/timmy to add to the sound, wondering if anyone has tried this before?

2. samtheman

samtheman Member

I feed my Timmy with Red Snapper (3 knob), sounds very, very nice...

/sam

3. giggedy

giggedy Member

anyone else bump

4. eknapier

eknapier Member

I have an SD1/808/Silver from analog man, and running it into my Timmy is probably my most used pedal combination. I always loved the silver mod, but the tone control was a little touchy, and I could never "quite" get the right tone straight from the pedal. I was always fidgeting with it. The Timmy controls, once you get used to them, are so intuitive that I just set them and go - I can sometimes tweak just a little bit, but I know exactly what I'm getting. Plus, the Timmy just adds that extra "sparkle" that completes the tone. Whichever pedal I choose to use for leads, whether a RAt, a tubescreamer or a big muff, it goes through the Timmy and it's always perfect. It's really a pedal that I just forget is on, very integral part of my whole chain of effects.

5. giggedy

giggedy Member

so you have a higher gain on the timmy or the one before it?

6. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    I have more than a few times run a Analogman TS-9 Silver into a Timmy and vice versa, either way it sounds killer! Both pedals individually sound great but together they just add something special. I am thinking about ordering a few more TS-9 Silvers and 4 Timmy's. I plan on giving a Timmy or two as presents to some friends.

I set the Timmy up with higher gain than the TS-9 and between the two of them I can get almost any dirt you will need. The only thing it doesn't do is snarling snot spitting fuzz, for that just run a RX Experience into a Fuzzface!

TheGrooveking

7. giggedy

giggedy Member

well jeez, I'll be your friend

8. 2x6L6

2x6L6 Silver Supporting Member

Yah, I do this exact stack, usually the ts9 silver into the timmy - and it is everything said above - what a GREAT combo. Kinda magical almost.

9. giggedy

giggedy Member

thanks for the response, I think I'll be calling paul pretty soon

10. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

I stack a modded TS-9 or modded SD-1 with a Timmy and i think it sounds great. I also throw trhe FD-2 in there occasionally and it sounds good too.

Waiting on my Tim, so i can stack a Tim with a Timmy:)

Brian

11. eknapier

eknapier Member

"so you have a higher gain on the timmy or the one before it?"

I always have a higher gain set on the pedal before the Timmy. Timmy is set to emulate slight tube breakup, with gain at about 9 o'clock. So when I have no other dirt pedals turned on, the Timmy helps to create my clean sound.

12. giggedy

giggedy Member

ahh, I always thought that most people put the dirty one after the clean when stacking overdrives. what you said makes sense though. so the ts-9 makes the timmy break up a bunch even before the signal hits the tubes?