anyone here stack a tim/timmy and ts-9/silver?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by giggedy, Jun 6, 2006.

1. giggedy

giggedy Member

looking to get a tim/timmy to add to the sound, wondering if anyone has tried this before?

2. samtheman

samtheman Member

I feed my Timmy with Red Snapper (3 knob), sounds very, very nice...

/sam

3. giggedy

giggedy Member

anyone else bump

4. eknapier

eknapier Member

I have an SD1/808/Silver from analog man, and running it into my Timmy is probably my most used pedal combination. I always loved the silver mod, but the tone control was a little touchy, and I could never "quite" get the right tone straight from the pedal. I was always fidgeting with it. The Timmy controls, once you get used to them, are so intuitive that I just set them and go - I can sometimes tweak just a little bit, but I know exactly what I'm getting. Plus, the Timmy just adds that extra "sparkle" that completes the tone. Whichever pedal I choose to use for leads, whether a RAt, a tubescreamer or a big muff, it goes through the Timmy and it's always perfect. It's really a pedal that I just forget is on, very integral part of my whole chain of effects.

5. giggedy

giggedy Member

so you have a higher gain on the timmy or the one before it?

6. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    I have more than a few times run a Analogman TS-9 Silver into a Timmy and vice versa, either way it sounds killer! Both pedals individually sound great but together they just add something special. I am thinking about ordering a few more TS-9 Silvers and 4 Timmy's. I plan on giving a Timmy or two as presents to some friends.

I set the Timmy up with higher gain than the TS-9 and between the two of them I can get almost any dirt you will need. The only thing it doesn't do is snarling snot spitting fuzz, for that just run a RX Experience into a Fuzzface!

TheGrooveking

7. giggedy

giggedy Member

well jeez, I'll be your friend

8. 2x6L6

2x6L6 Supporting Member

Yah, I do this exact stack, usually the ts9 silver into the timmy - and it is everything said above - what a GREAT combo. Kinda magical almost.

9. giggedy

giggedy Member

thanks for the response, I think I'll be calling paul pretty soon

10. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

I stack a modded TS-9 or modded SD-1 with a Timmy and i think it sounds great. I also throw trhe FD-2 in there occasionally and it sounds good too.

Waiting on my Tim, so i can stack a Tim with a Timmy:)

Brian

11. eknapier

eknapier Member

"so you have a higher gain on the timmy or the one before it?"

I always have a higher gain set on the pedal before the Timmy. Timmy is set to emulate slight tube breakup, with gain at about 9 o'clock. So when I have no other dirt pedals turned on, the Timmy helps to create my clean sound.

12. giggedy

giggedy Member

ahh, I always thought that most people put the dirty one after the clean when stacking overdrives. what you said makes sense though. so the ts-9 makes the timmy break up a bunch even before the signal hits the tubes?