Anyone here use a board besides pedaltrain, trailer trash, etc.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nrvana8775, Feb 4, 2008.

1. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

I have a homemade board right now, and I've thought about adding a small second tier to hold the pedals that I keep on all of the time. I would like to have a case for it though, and that's going to be a pain to find. I looked at some of the rondo pedalboards w/ locking case, and they didn't seem too bad. I'm not too oc about appearance of the board, i.e. symmetry and hiding the wires. I will be adding a few here and there, and having to undo a days worth of hiding wires doesn't sound too fun, plus I don't like the idea of not having access in times of troubleshooting.

Anyone here use the rondo or similar pedalboards?

2. ScottR

ScottR Member

I use an MPS PedalPad wasn't to expensive and it came with the poser supply and a nice Nylon bag to carry it in

3. RDM

RDM Senior Member

I have the big mamma-jamma MKS Pedal Pad. It's AWESOME. A bit heavy....but can take a beating.

[​IMG]

4. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Supporting Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
  5. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

Good lord, that looks big and heavy. I'm trying to cut down on the width of the board.

6. DerekEstrada

DerekEstrada Member

for a hundred bucks, the warwick pedal case is just fine...been beating the crap outta mine for 6 years now, and it's still going strong...not the highest quality, but for the money, it's great....good luck

7. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

i have a very cheap Rondomusic pedalboard and gave away a PedalPad MPS-XL.

I had to give away the PedalPad for free because i was moving.

The strangest that ever happened to me was that no one wanted it.
    i didn't want to ship it, didn't have the time to do it.

I posted on the TGP and HC forums and still no one from NYC showed up, and it was FREE, a gift!!!!

So i ended giving it to two pals that made 2 boards out of it.
    Yes , it is that big.

8. macmax77

this is what i gave away, Like the RDM up above in the thread, just that i bought Velcro and i have a bad pic, but it looked really good

[​IMG]

9. Flying Panda

Flying Panda Member

I went with the Gator Pedal Tote...not a road case, but great for getting it around town, has a carry handle and a shoulder strap, plus two pockets for cables, an extra One Spot, etc. Plus, I like the angled board, though the size I got may be a bit larger than what you're looking for. Anyway, at $79 shipped, it was a great deal. Here 'tis...

[​IMG]

10. erksin

erksin Member

RockOn! Pedalboards Pedal Pro user here - I love mine. Room underneath for my PP2+, lightweight, comes with a padded gig bag...

[​IMG]

11. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

Website is down for some reason. I just need something simple, and I don't care about aesthetics too much. The rondo, and even the one you posted look like they could work. I could put my tuner, tone press, and barb e.q. at the top. Then volume pedal on the side, tremolo behind it, then fit my replica and ar20dl on the left. That leaves room for a verbzilla or other reverb unit, uh oh. :drool

12. erksin

erksin Member

It's a great board - I'd be bummed if they went out of biz.

Depending on the pedal size, you could fit as many as 8 Boss sized boxes and a treadle pedal like a wah or volume on there and still have room for the power supply under the shelf.

The cool thing is that its made of some sort of resin - its really lightweight, but super rigid and strong. Fully loaded my board doesn't weight more than about 12lbs.

13. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

How do you like the Rondo? It looks pretty generic, but comes with the locking case (hardshell?). I don't need anything fancy, just a place to set the pedals, and something to protect them during transport.

14. macmax77

I think it can't stand road abuse too much.

I am not playing live right now, just rehearsing and at home, for that, it is great, besides mine is getting covered in stickers each day that passes by, heehheheh

15. guitarstar81

guitarstar81 Member

weird, I have the smaller one, not the XL, and I love it. I modified the patch bay it came with to my liking to have two loops, one for in front of the amp, one for the effects loop. I wired up 2 of the jacks to be switchable inputs between my wireless system and a backup cable.

It's a solid board, maybe a bit heavy, but that's good when you tour. I have the mid sized Rondo board as well, but it was too flimsy to be of much use playing out, so it sits at home as a extra cable case now.

16. Jignant

Jignant Member

Currently building an SKB Stage Five board. I will road test this bad boy at practice tonight for the first time. So far so good for a guitar/cable/amp kinda guy.