Anyone here use Pete Cornish cables?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by coolhand78, Dec 25, 2009.

1. coolhand78

coolhand78 Supporting Member

Just wondering if anyone here is using the
    Cornish cables? And how they compare to evidence
    lyric hg's or lava elc?

2. hurleysurf

hurleysurf Member

I'm a long time user. I absolutely love them. I've got two 15 footers from guitar to pedals and pedals to amp. I was using his patch cables for awhile as well, but just simply couldn't afford to keep $500 worth of patch cables laying around. Great flexibility and durability. Really great sonic quality. I also have two EA Lyric HG 15 footers for a different flavor occasionally. I like them both, but would recommend the Cornish cables for their flexibility. I'd say the EA's are a bit more "sparkle" and the Cornish cables are a bit more "soulful." All this cable talk is so subjective though.... I'll be the first to tell you there there really isn't very much difference between them.

3. landru64

landru64 Member

i have both and i am planning to do a quick recording comparison (just like 5 seconds each) of the lyric HG versus the forte. am just waiting to get equal lengths. i will try to include my cornish in this comparison. since they're in meters, i'm not sure i have a perfectly equal length.

4. coolhand78

so you'd say that the cornish cables are more flexible than the evidence ones?

and in terms of flexibility would you say that they were similar to george l's .225 or lava elc?

cheers

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  5. landru64

landru64 Member

the new evidence forte is more flexible and easier to work with than the cornish. i find george l's difficult to work with at best and i haven't used the lava stuff.

6. blke

blke Member

bump. anyone using these?

7. coolhand78

i ended up getting the cornish cables, i also got some evidence a lyric and a melody and i find that the cornish sit between the 2 evidence ones... but with the added flexibility that is lacking in the lyric...

personally i prefer them over the evidence cables but its almost like a flavour thing... it's very subtle but i find them warmer and i prefer the feel of them

8. cajone5

cajone5 Some guy

I run cornish cables from board to amp and use a speaker cable as well. I have one for guitar to amp but prefer a coil cable there for the flexibility. They just seem to behave more for me.

No idea on the comparison tho.