Anyone hip to jazz guitarist Mike Moreno?

mojazzmo

I just stumbled onto him and think he has some cool lines and vibes in his bag of tricks. He has a very unorthodox right hand picking technique in that he seems to hold the pick with his thumb and second finger. See what you think.

jb70

Silver Supporting Member
yeah, i just hung with mike and my boy ede wright last week. we went to the metropolitan museum of art in nyc to check out the guitar exhibit and were all blown away. the monteleone and d'aquisto guitars were ridiculous btw!!! mike is a great player and a great writer. he's got a new cd out on the criss cross label and i think he has another one coming out independently as well. if you like him you should also check out lage lund, nir felder, and gilad hekselman.

RichardB

Me too. Love Mike. MONSTER musician...I remember when he first hit he was pegged as a Rosenwinkel clone....He has emerged as his own voice (if he actually ever was under the Kurt shadow) - and what an amazing voice it is... These young players that are doing the impossible - playing at superhuman levels so young - the early masters would be rightly aghast at the mastery some of these guys have....

monkmiles

Silver Supporting Member
Yea, I have a couple of his albums. I especially dig his playing on an album by Josh Ellis called By A Thread.

Trending Topics