Anyone in NJ see Marc Ford's pedals last night?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by orogeny, Mar 3, 2008.

1. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

I was even right up in front of him and couldn't see a damn thing over the monitors!!!!!!!!!

Marshall Amps last night. . . for those who were/are interested. . . . and a slew of guitars. . . and a mandolin. . . .

2. BMF Effects

BMF Effects Supporting Member

Marshalls and not the Schreyer? Interesting. How was the show?

3. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

NJ?? I thought he was down south now with Ryan Bingham?

4. orogeny

The show was what I was afraid it would be. . . almost ALL of the new stuff. I hate it when I don't know the tunes. . . .

Early on it was amazing though. Whatever they played early was excellent. For 50 bux including fees, it has to be one of the coolest thangs I'll see all year. . .

Fulltone TTE on top of the amp. Robinson had TWO? Maybe one was for the keyboard player. . . .

They actually brought back memories of The Band last night. . .

5. voojo

voojo Gold Supporting Member

That wasn't Marc Ford

That was Luther Dickenson!

6. orogeny

Thanks. I honestly thought i was losing my mind. Now I know I really was. . . . and still am. . . . welcome to my . . ..

. . . here I was thinking Marc looked awefully different. . . and bearded. . .

7. orogeny

. . . . .you can put me in for tgp idiot this month. . . or week. . . or hour. . .

8. orogeny

i think that if i had more of an ego. . . i'd just delete this thread.:D

i'm okay with playing the fool.

luther smoked, by the way. . .

meanwhile, my best friend now thinks marc ford is da maing on guitar:roll

9. voojo

voojo Gold Supporting Member

No that's ok, it's hard to keep track of the rotating members of the Black Crowes, the keyboard guy is new as well.

I like Luther, I have a lot of the North Mississippi Allstars CDs, he is a great guitarist, and a killer slide player. I would like to know what his setup is as well. From the pictures I have seen of him and Youtube clips, it looks like he runs vintage Marshall heads, some non master volume.

I would have loved to have been at that show, they said they are playing the new CD (which comes out tomorrow) in it's entirety.

10. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

Luther is rocking out on a beano for now:

I'm just cranking up my plexis with a little beano and it ROCKS!!

And we're getting him some OD pedals to use when he gets stuck with backline amps on tour. Hope to catch them on tour this year.

11. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

12. iggs

iggs Member

13. Craise

Craise Member

14. hbentley

hbentley Member

two things....

1. that kick from marc ford was absolutely hilarious. served the guy right.

2. steven segal looks more awkard with a guitar than my grandma would.

15. Holliman

Holliman Triad Abuser

You ever been to Holly Springs Mississippi? Do you know who Junior Kimbrough is? Luther was raised in Junior's juke joint. Luther is very capable of bitch slappin' and pwning whoever deserves it.

16. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

AnalogMike, could you shed some more light on the dirt pedals that Luther is or will be using, please. Thanks...

17. sandman

sandman Member

Yeah...even better Luther's father is Jim Dickinson one of the key producer/guru figures in entire modern r'n'r history. And not just because he played the piano on "Wild Horses" and Dylan's "Time Out Of Mind".

Luther and Cody Dickinson made some great stuff as North Mississippi Allstars...they're capable of way more than regular southern-jam thing(guess that's where the money is....they sure love the Allmans honestly).
    Like a 'Spencer Dickinson' record made with Jon Spencer of the Blues Explosion fame (not really your average TGP guitarist material)...or being a back up band for John Hiatt on his excellent 'Master OF Disaster'.

Orogeny man, similar thing happened to me about 15 yrs ago when I went to see Mick Taylor. Last picI've seen of him was circa '75...The band came out played a couple of songs...we all clapped, it was nice...but that guy sure looked weird...3 songs on Taylor showed up on stage and we realized that was just a lil warm up from the second guitarist! (actually well known dude I recognized playin with Roger Waters on one of those Wall spectacles)