Anyone in southeast Michigan have a Matchless Clubman?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Laroosco!, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

Ever since I sold my Clubman a copuple years ago I've been dying to try another. Mine sounded great but never sounded quite right because I never had a good speaker cab to use it with.

When I listen to the recordings I have of it I have the same thought as when I think about that tall blond I dated in high school, "Damn I wish I could have another go with her"

I keep going back the the Clubman since I'm in need of an amp that has high headroom, a beautiful clean tone and the ability to sound mean as hell if necessary.
    I'd love a chance to plug a Clubman into my Z Best so I can know for sure before I sell some things that I really like to fund the purchase.

Thanks.

2. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

3. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I wish I could say I still did, but I don't. Good luck on the quest man.

4. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

I was hoping you still had yours :D

I'm a bit bummed because I love the Tremolux but it doesn't have the headroom I'm gonna need.

I think I'm gonna offer it back to the guy I bought it from and use the money for a Clubman.

Hopefully I can find one.

5. DrJamie

DrJamie Silver Supporting Member

Yer welcome to check out my Chieftain head, the Clubman's better behaved cousin. Jamie.

6. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

That would be great.

7. dave s

dave s Member

Sorry, one of Scott's clubman rigs moved south and east to my house in the Cleveland area!

Don't know exactly which one of Scott's two that ended up here, but it's a beauty and performs flawlessly every time out.

I just drove to Monroe to see a customer yesterday. 2 1/4 hours there from my home. It's possible I'll be there again before 12/5/05, so I'll PE you if that's the case.

It wouldn't be a big hassle to bring along the head in its road case for you to test drive.

dave

8. Madison

Madison Supporting Member

If he's not interested in buying it back, there was a guy here in Richmond looking for a Tremolux head and cab awhile back. I can get you in touch with him if needed.

9. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

That would be great Dave.

I might be headed to Cleveland to seee a friend soon also. I'll PM you if I do.

10. dave s

dave s Member

Great! Let me know if you get over this way. Glad to provide you with a free, no-hassle, no purchase required test drive!

dave

11. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

dave s,
    I didn't know that anyone actually drove TO Monroe! All these years I thought that all the traffic here was people in the process of LEAVING town lol.
    Greg(lifelong resident of Mayberry, er I mean Monroe):D

12. dave s

dave s Member

Yeah, I kind of got the willies when I-280 just kind of came to an end on me! :eek:

Then, no detour signs. Eventually ended up back on I-75 where I wanted to be anyways and made it to Monroe about 15 minutes EARLY!!!

Strangely, there wasn't much traffic heading there, but massive on the way out. You must be from that neck of the woods to be so observant of normal traffic patterns in the area. :D

dave