Anyone installed a Ghost Piezo\Midi system in a Gibson ?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by ke3ee, Jan 27, 2012.

1. ke3ee

ke3ee Supporting Member

I'm thinking of instaling one of Ghost's piezo bridges on my SG along with their complete hexi-midi board system. It all plugs together . I would need to take 1 volume and 1 tone ctrl out and rewire which is no problem as my PRS's are wired the same way. Just wondering if the 3 mini switchs , 2 boards and battery will all fit in a USA SG's ctrl section.

2. MKB

MKB Silver Supporting Member

I have a Robot SG body with a Ghost system installed, the full midi and Acoustiphonic system. However, for controls, I have the bridge tone control changed to an acoustiphonic volume pot and a push-pull switch to go between the standard SG pickups and the acoustiphonic output (I don't like the tone of the magnetics through the Ghost electronics so I keep them separated). I also have the S1-S2 switch installed, but those are the only two controls for the Ghost system.

The Robot SG already had much of the routing already there, but I had to rout a cavity under the pickguard for the boards. There is no way you can fit the boards in the control section without removing several of the pots. This is due to the thinness of the guitar.

You cannot fit a standard 9V battery in there and fit the boards either. The Robot SG body worked well as there is an extra cavity routed for the Robot battery, and a 9V fits perfectly there.