• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

anyone installed blade style pickups in an SSS guitar?

SupDude

i'm looking at gfs blade pickups and the description says that in order to fit in a standard pickguard you have to file it out a little more. Is this a hard process? Or is it pretty simple. Thanks

Mudder

I didn't have to mod my pickguard for hot rails a few years ago...they may be a different size I guess. Either way, it shouldn't be that hard, you could use a dremel and round file wheel and it would look good.

You might be able to get a prewired pickguard from GFS as well, that would take a bunch of work out of the question.

SupDude

Yeah they have prewired pickguards, but not with blades in them.

I'm probably going to just go with three singles anyway. I was just curious because I really want to try out some blades. Or maybe just a blade in the bridge or something

SupDude

The GFS site says that the Tele ones fit exactly in the slot. It's the Strat ones that need filing

Trending Topics