Anyone into 12-strings?

NoiseNinja

Nope, I'd love to own an 8 string though.

As it is now my main is an Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro bass and I have a kind of progressive rock solo project (program the drums in EZdrummer 2 and also sing), where I run an octave up signal parallel with my bass signal as always on effect, so kind of like if it was an 8 string bass, only I do run a bit of reverb and subtle tremolo on the octave up signal as well, and prefer to be able to control the octave up signal separately from the bass signal and the better playability of a 4 string.

Still would like to own a real short scale 8 string though at some point.

zekmoe

I had a MusicVox 12. Interesting sound but the fretboard was way too wide imho. No quality issues while I owned it but didn’t find enough use for it so it’s gone. I too want an 8 string still.

s2y

A nice 12 string bass is one of the few things left on my bucket list. That and a Wal. ;)

I've heard of reasonable luck using the Gotoh 8 string bridge as a 12 string. Bummer that there aren't too many people making a nice 12 string bridge these days. It would be cool if Mike Shishkov could resurrect a nice 12 string series.

Trending Topics