Anyone JUST Get Your timmy?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Last Nerve, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Paul's number was busy most of the nite and my schedule is conflicting heavily with callling him during decent hours, since he's in a different time zone.

I got on the list right around XMas, and was wondering who's recently got their timmy from Paul and when did you get on the list?

2. erksin

erksin Member

I think you have a bit of a wait ahead of you - I ordered mine before 'the boom' and it was about 7-8 weeks back then...

3. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

I wonder how many "when did you get your timmy threads" there are where the person didnt get their timmy... none. You have nothing to worry about paul is a standup guy and his is busy for a reason, those Tim/Timmy pedals are well worth the wait. I got on the list for a timmy in mid december (I think.... I try to forget so as not to worry about it) Paul said I should be getting mine by the end of february. Give it some time bro, you wont be dissapointed!! :BEER

4. exodus

exodus Member

On a side note-- I have 2 questions about Paul's pedals:

1. Does he still make the TIM?
    2. What is the price of the TIM?

thanks guys

5. Rob Eadgbe

Rob Eadgbe Member

I talked to Paul tuesday night and IIRC he said he's working on November orders. He also said that now that NAMM is over, and the amp job isn't as hectic, he'll be knocking pedals out a little quicker. Take it for what it's worth.

6. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

1. Does he still make the TIM? YES
    2. What is the price of the TIM? $150 IIRC Well worth it.

7. amoebas

amoebas Guest

whats the diff, besides size, obviously?

8. albuht813

albuht813 Member

do a search on the forums under tim or timmy. you will find tons of info on the sound characteristics of each pedal and how they compare to other ODs out there. I've spent literally 4-5 hours reading all the threads before being convinced to get a Tim and Timmy.

9. Grady

Grady Windjammer Gold Supporting Member

I hope mine hasn't fell off the work bench. I ordered a Tim on Oct.13 and I haven't gotten it yet.
    I thought about calling Paul, but I knows he's a very busy man. So I'll just wait it out. As painful as that is.
    I've heard they are well worth the wait. And I have an EQ that is just dying to be plugged into the effects loop

Grady

10. drolling

drolling Member

Yep, I'd just about given up when I got the call. I get the impression that Paul's eternally optimistic about how fast he can actually crank these things out. I've got a new order in now, and promise not to bug him so he can concentrate on finishing up your pedal, Grady..

11. mezcalhead

mezcalhead Member

I ordered mine on 15th Dec, at which time he said to expect it at the end of January. Realistically, I think it will be quite a bit longer - I'm just prepared to wait as long as it takes.

12. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Actually in this case, I WOULD call paul! I thought I had gotten an order in MONTHS ago. I talked to his wife a few times, then just left a message with my order on it thinking someone would write the message down. Well they didnt. When I did get in touch with paul and found out it wasnt there he was more than generous enough to offer to give me the next one in line. I declined and got to the back of the line. He is just a great guy, but give him a call if it has been that long.

13. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Only 2 weeks and I will have waited for as long as you if I remember correctly. Just hang in there man!

14. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I would call Paul if I ordered in OCT and haven't received it yet. He always says call if you want to check up on your order.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

15. sws1

sws1 Member

To save you time, Tim has a loop built into the pedal so you can chain other effects in parallel. Timmy simply has 1 input and 1 output (Tim without a loop)

16. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Tim also has a boost function. Making it able to acheive higher gain than the timmy.

The timmy also has 2 different switches on the inside to vary different tones. The time has a push pull pot on the back to go along with the boost function and alters clipping a little. Both great pedals

17. Grady

Yeah, I called him back in the middle of December to make sure I was on the list, and I was. If I haven't heard from him by Monday, I think I'll give him a call. I don't want to bother him on the weekend.
    Paul is a class act and just a great guy. He's a real pleasure to talk to, and in no way does he act like he's to busy to talk.
    I guess I love torture. I order a ZenDrive several days ago:jo

Grady

18. drolling

drolling Member

I'd be interested to hear your impressions of both these pedals when you get them - and you will get them, eventually.

For me, the Zendrive's been like one of those really slick, hip, well executed & well recorded CDs that you get and listen to over & over for a week, then put on the shelf and never listen to again. I can get one basic lead tone out of it, and that's all.

One decent sound from a pedal used to be plenty for me, but I've been spoiled by builders like Paul, who've come up w/stuff that's not as immediately accessable, but after listening, tweaking, and in some cases, even adjusting my playing style, turns out to be very capable of producing many textures & tones- often bringing things out of my amps & guitars that I never realized were already there.

19. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

+1, the mos does MUCH better rhythm to me. Try a cmatmods tube slammer while they are still cheap direct from ebay. More mos flavored, but VERY NICE!

20. Grady