1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know a good site for Roland Space Echo replacement tapes and parts?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ChitownTerror, Jan 22, 2012.

1. ChitownTerror

ChitownTerror Member

I just picked up a RE-201 for cheaps and, while everything seems to be working, it definitely needs a bit of work and some routine maintenance. First off, does anyone have any leads on good lubricated replacement tapes? And secondly, does anyone know where I can find resources for simple maintenance on these?

2. Hiwatt Bob

Hiwatt Bob Member

3. ChitownTerror

ChitownTerror Member

Thanks for the rec, Bob. But it looks like orbit doesn't sell the tape by itself- I'd have to ship them my unit (which seems a bit much for something like changing the tape which I can do by myself), and there's nothing seriously wrong with the unit. Anyone else have any other leads?

4. FeloniousBishop

FeloniousBishop Member

I got my tapes from Orbit, maybe 1-2 years ago, just the tapes, bought on EBay, tapes are fine.

5. ChitownTerror

ChitownTerror Member

Oh, I hadn't thought to check if they sold tapes on eBay-- was just going on what they had on their website.