Anyone know anything about Menatone?

T

tubes2bits

I was considering the Menatone Top Boost In A Can and Howie pedals.

However, a dealer told me that it may not be "worthwhile discussing".

The dealer said, "I don't know if the guy is even in business anymore". And, that he hadn't received his orders for months and his phone calls were not being retuned.

screamingduck

Platinum Supporting Member
I have a TBIAC 5 knob and Dirty Blonde 6 knob that are superb sounding
and beautifully built to very high standards. The King of the Britians
6 knob I bought didn't work quite as well with my Boogie Mark IIc+
or a BF Super but seems to work with a friend's Boogie Lonestar Special
so he bought it from me.
I would be a bit apprehensive of taking advice from a dealer as I would
guess he was trying to sell you something he had in stock :)
Put Menatone into the search engine and I think you will be quite
impressed with the vast majority of the comments and opinions.

Hamilton

Yes Menatone is still going. From what I understand, he has been very busy as of late, and has gotten behind on orders.
I also heard that he is working on some new designs.

Hamilton

Rollo Timbre

Originally posted by FUSER
A red snapper just went for $285.

What gives
Yikes!!! That's an older version of the RS, but still.... I love the combination of the Menatone Red and TIM. I run the Red before the TIM and use the TIM for two channels of boost. Godly, IMO.

T

tubes2bits

Rollo Timbre

I have a TIM due in about two weeks. Can't wait to try it!

ReelBigSpikey

I love my menatone TBIAC, 5 knob version. Very versatile tones, very jangly. Even though I have a Vox style amp (Top Hat Club Royale), I still use the menatone for those really trebly broken glass sounds. One of those pedals I'll never sell.

Thazy

I use the Menatone Fish Factory. If I had to choose only one OD, that would be the one. Sounds great with Fender and Marshall amps. Start with your amp set a little hot and you can cover all the OD sounds most would ever need. Can't wait to see what new stuff he has coming out.

rabbit

Originally posted by Hamilton
Yes Menatone is still going. From what I understand, he has been very busy as of late, and has gotten behind on orders.
I also heard that he is working on some new designs.

Hamilton
I remember a thread here qouting Brian that they are even about to enter the delay territory soon... I´m pretty excited

teddy boy

Wow!

An analog delay? Phew! I'd love to see one of those in the Phase 100-sized boxes he uses now. I hope it has modulation too. Otherwise, although I dig his products, I probably won't have any use for it.

Yep, I too tried to contact Menatone a week or so ago about some clips for Workingman's blues. I'd really like to hear that. I'm super-pleased with my TBIAC6. Still looking for an in-band application for my KotB6, but I think it's a keeper!

Trending Topics