1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know dealer COST on the Marshall JVM410 or Mesa Road King II?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by ggarriso, Jan 19, 2008.

1. ggarriso

ggarriso Member

I know someone that can get me the Guitar center employee discount on these pieces COST+10%..

Any one know?

2. primerib

primerib Member

sounds like you need to contact your mate at GC. they'll can find the cost. typically 40-50% of list but that varies

3. Edmundo

Edmundo Supporting Member

Marshall is usually an A-Mark, so 40-50% of retail. Boogie, on the other hand, play by their own rules...which is why a lot of Mom-n-Pop stores drop 'em from inventory.

4. joshsage

joshsage Member

Do you not want people to eat? GGARRISO, please consider that some people sell these for a livelihood. I personally don't mind seeing guitar center getting stiffed, but discussion of Dealer Pricing on items is not something I smile upon. I carry neither Mesa or Marshall, but still, I know people who sell them and try to pay for their house and feed their wife and kids doing so. So please consider this when asking questions like that. If you want a price at that level, seriously consider the used market, as there are some great deals there from people who in some cases REALLY need the money. Sorry for a rant, but please consider how we make our money. If you are a roofer, I don't ask you the cost of materials and how little I can value your time, if you are a doctor or lawyer I don't ask you to fix my problems for free, if you are a car dealer, you don't want to go to the trouble of spec'ing out a car only to let it go around cost, why would we do such a thing. I would like to ask as nicely as possible for you to drop the thread as this only hurts the small mom and pop's even more.

With that said, best of luck.
    Josh

5. SoIN

SoIN Member

Sounds like some places let their employees buy at 10% over cost, and some don`t? If GC makes their own rules, then go for it. Thats what buds are for!

6. Giga

Giga Member

I'm with you on this. As a self employed this makes me furious too Grrrrr....

Giga.