Anyone know how to get through to Boutique Amps Distribution? Did they go out of business?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by astewlovesgear, Mar 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlj_gear

mlj_gear Member

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to at least edit the title of the thread at this point.

astewlovesgear likes this.
  2. DrRaoulDuke

DrRaoulDuke Member

This 1000%. Also, there are people spouting incorrect conclusions based on data they fully don't understand in this thread. It's irresponsible.

DeadLazy and fiveightandten like this.
  3. rstites

rstites Member

Good to know. FWIW, I completely understand wanting to mess with things right now. I'm home for the next month and hoping to get some free time to play around with guitar gear in there. Unfortunately, so far I'm working so many hours managing things remotely that I've only played once this last week. Still, I get it. We're all at home and there's no good reason to now want to do something with that time besides just sit there. In fact, the mental toll of just being stuck at home is going to be a real issue for a lot people and it's worth giving some consideration to.

Yeah, I'd prefer to keep this discussion over in the pub and just discuss guitar issues here. I don't think it served any good purposes to get it going here.

Having said that, this is worse than anything we've experienced since the 1918 Influenza pandemic. We completely failed at managing it by trying to pretend it wasn't so bad. Hopefully, we do this well enough that it retroactively looks "not so bad", but I fear that mismanagement to-date is going to lead to 1000's of needless deaths. We're going to lose tens-of-thousands as is doing everything we can at this point. Let us hope it stays in the 5-figure range and doesn't move beyond that, but I fear it will.

Blix and DrRaoulDuke like this.
  4. MHG

MHG Member

Wow! What a ridiculous statement!!!.....on so many levels!!!!

wntbtw, Rumble5, teveinsene and 4 others like this.
  5. Corey112

Corey112 Member

That isn't true at all.

6. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

The refrigeration truck part certainly is.

7. bal704

bal704 Member

Per the CDC N1H1 killed over 12k in the USA alone.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html

The US Government declared N1H1 a national emergency allowing hospitals to implement emergency operation plans..after 1000 people had already died:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/swineflu/16606

Per the CDC, regular seasonal flu killed 34k in the USA alone in the 2018-2019 season, 61k the year before that, 38k the year before that. Just in the USA.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

The last pandemic (2009 N1H1) killed 12,000 Americans. I don't remember stay at home orders, quarantines, or any of these drastic measures. I certainly don't see it year after year with seasonal flu that kills tens of thousands of Americans.

8. fiveightandten

fiveightandten Member

What isn’t true?

Refrigeration truck source (you can find more on this through a simple search):
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/nyregion/nyc-coronavirus-hospitals.html

Regarding a source for ventilator allocation protocol, that's not something you will likely find published, as it will differ from hospital to hospital and is internal, as opposed to being government directed. But I have a friend who works for a hospital in MA and went home in tears after being handed their allocation protol.

Considering the well documented shortage, I'd be curious to know what you think is happening out there and how these decisions are being made. They're sharing ventilators, modifying other equipment to function as a ventilator, and the federal government has issued an executive order to companies like GM to get more units made. There just simply aren't enough.

9. Gasp100

Gasp100 Supporting Member

Unfortunately, give it a couple of weeks. This is quoted now so we can keep it in place and review.

10. bal704

bal704 Member

wntbtw likes this.
  11. DeadLazy

DeadLazy Member

12. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

The CDC numbers are estimates, the laboratory confirmed numbers by WHO was lower, but it doesn't really matter. I'm afraid the 12k deaths in the USA from N1H1 will be beaten in just a few days. The Covid-19 numbers appears to be doubling by every 2-3 days (per CDC), so in 10 days we'll now. :(

13. MHG

MHG Member

Yeah, as of today we're already at over 2000 deaths, and they're now talking about the possibility of up to 100,000 to 200,000 deaths.

14. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

Not sure how a thread about an amp builder spun into a COVID argument but this thread seems to have run its course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.