Anyone know how to reach Mike Holland?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by dirtyguitar, Mar 11, 2005.

1. dirtyguitar

dirtyguitar Member

I just picked up a very early (pre-Gibb) Holland 2x10 Bassman off of the Weber board (thanks Keith!)

I need some info about how he laid out his tone stack and the specs of the trannys he used.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris

2. redjet55

redjet55 Member

don’t know about mike Holland but heritage will respond since the same guys at heritage amps built the hollands. Email them

3. PaulC

PaulC Member

I'm the design guy at Heritage, and I want to make a quick post in answer to the last one. I've posted this in another thread about this topic, but I want to be sure anybody who read the last post knows this.

Heritage Amplifiers is not the same company as Holland. As far as we know Holland is still making amps, but we have no dealings with him. I've never worked with Mike or built any of his amps, and I have no idea what transformers and such he used in that amp.

There are two tie in points we have with Holland. One is the owner of Heritage was a biz partner of Mike's. They parted ways over a year ago. The owner was not involved with the design of the amps, and he couldn't tell you much about how Holland built his amps. Second is the fact that the small office area Holland used to build his amps was leased in the owner of Heritage's name. That shop has been torn down, and is now the cab shop for Heritage. That's the only thing Heritage has in common with Holland - the amps are nothing like his.

It's really not a big deal, but I just want people to know that we are not Holland since it keeps popping up...

PaulC

4. redjet55

redjet55 Member

sorry Paul,

I didn’t mean to imply that Heritage is the same as Holland, just that some of the guys that were building at Heritage worked for Holland and would have some info on them.

5. PaulC

PaulC Member

It's no problem! It's just we really want people to look at us for the amps we are making now - not any past thing with Holland. We do have one guy working with us that used to wire part time with Holland, but that's it. Also from what he told me Mike was very protective of his circuits, and never made schematics of them for the guys working with him. All they had to go by were layout drawings.

To be honest though any questions about that amp (and pretty much any vintage style amp) can be figured out in under an hour by a good tech. They could tell you basic specs on the output tranny as well as anything about the tone stack.

Later, PaulC

6. redjet55

redjet55 Member

no problem, Paul. Thanks for clearing that up.

BTW I really like your new amps, my fav guitar store is a heritage dealer and he’s always very high on your gear!

7. dirtyguitar

dirtyguitar Member

this is all great but I guess I was hoping for a phone number or email or work ref or other lead,....:Spank

just kidding guys

8. Stratman

Stratman Member

I have the schematic for Little Jimi amp - Only because I made Mike write it out as part of the contract.

9. tonedaddy

tonedaddy Member

I am here as you are here as you are me and we are
    Did you try Holland Amps last known contact info?

mike@hollandamps.com
    info@hollandamps.com

Holland Amplifiers
    500 Wilson Pike Circle Suite 204
    Brentwood, TN 37027

Office: (615) 377-4913
    Fax: (615) 373-4986

They may still work or be forwarded.

10. 1radicalron

1radicalron Member

I Own Two Holland Amps and they are Among my Favorite Guitar Amps. The Little Jimi is Especially Great Sounding. :) [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. redjet55

redjet55 Member

since I put some NOS GE‘s 6l6’s into my lil’ jimi it’s my favorite clean amp, really sweet tone.

12. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

+1 on Holland amps .. had to sell mine (NAMM Brentwood Prototype using KT66's and Celestion Greenbacks vs. the later using 6L6's and Emi's) because ... it killed my back and blasted holes in the wall and using a Hotplate was just killing the tone (because I had to turn the plate way up)

13. TheAmpNerd

TheAmpNerd Member

Hey Paul,

When are you guys going to design some original gutiars
    and quit doing the traditional type Gibsons?

Oh, wait, you are The Heritage guys right?

He he he.

Couldn't help it.

14. PaulC

PaulC Member

I design the amps - don't have anything to do with the guitars!

But the guitars are built in the original gibson factor I believe...

15. lowmantotempole

lowmantotempole Supporting Member