Anyone know if a TMO-Fat neck is smaller than a Nocaster?

John Thigpen

Silver Supporting Member
Keep in mind that if you order it unfinished, you can sand the back profile down to where you want it before finishing. I've done this before and it's not hard.

John

thrashmetl

Big, FAT, and comfortable. Love mine. I have a Musikraft neck on my Danocaster that's even fatter (by quite a bit) and I can't decide which I like better.

TresGatos

Keep in mind that if you order it unfinished, you can sand the back profile down to where you want it before finishing. I've done this before and it's not hard.

John
Excellent point. I was being all manly with a USACG neck order last year and it was Just Too Big. My tiny planer and a sanding block got it to where I wanted it in no time (I like right around 1"), just watch the planer near the skunk stripe :)

The most salient differences are:

Board radius; the TMO-FAT is 9.5;

Fret size; the No-Caster is 6230, the Allparts model is tall vintage. Much taller; probably meant to be shaved down to preferred height;

The TMO-FAT is closer to a true 1 and 5/8ths, where the CS Fender is 1.650.

In total, the TMO-FAT may seem bigger but the board side is the reason, and not the back side.

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
I was being all manly with a USACG neck order last year and it was Just Too Big.
I'm sure you're being somewhat tongue in cheek, but there is a perception out there that guys who like big necks think it's macho. I like the big ones, but to me they are just more comfortable and easier to play--so I guess for me getting a fat neck is the sissy way to go and a thin neck would be the manly thing to have.

HHB

Boris B is on point when it comes to teles! I have 3 FAT Allparts necks and they do feel slightly bigger than the Nocaster ( even if theyre not LOL ) the SRO-FAT seem biggest of all unreal fat!

K-Line

Vendor
The measurements I got at the 3rd fret was TMO-Fat .96", nocaster .92". Minimal difference. To may hand the TMO-Fat feels better as it is really between a C and U shape.