Anyone Know Of A Good Maestro MFZ-1 Clone?

Yo

The Fuzznugget is a version of the Maestro Fz-1a not the Mfz-1. Very different circuits. I could do a Mfz-1 though.

--Brad

magnus02

Silver Supporting Member
i just got a fuzz nugget and let me tell you creepy fingers won't let you down. this thing rips and i wouldn't hesitate to get another fuzz from them in a second... really killer stuff. i feel like auerbach of the black keys... or at least as close as i ever will haha

blue_lu

why not grab the original?!

definately delivers the vintage mojos.

Last edited:

imguitardan

I think the Basic Audio Spooky Tooth is based on the Maestro and some of those tones are to be had. John's fuzzes don't do just one sound like a lot of fuzzes.

lux_interior

Something like a year ago I found a group of those huge Maestro pedals in a shop in the Netherlands, all in absolute pristine condition. I played with the fuzz in discussion, and while it was good, dirty and wild, I thought that it didn't produce any sounds that I could not get from other fuzzes with a bit of tweaking and eq-ing. I wanted to buy it for its collectability, but I ended up buying the even more rare Maestro Parametric Filter that I came for in the first place (being a huge Josh Homme fan). It sounds something like a crossover between a vintage Muff of the late 70s era and a gentle germanium Fuzz Face with a bit of extra hair.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom