• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone Know Of A Good Maestro MFZ-1 Clone?

Yo

The Fuzznugget is a version of the Maestro Fz-1a not the Mfz-1. Very different circuits. I could do a Mfz-1 though.

--Brad

magnus02

i just got a fuzz nugget and let me tell you creepy fingers won't let you down. this thing rips and i wouldn't hesitate to get another fuzz from them in a second... really killer stuff. i feel like auerbach of the black keys... or at least as close as i ever will haha

blue_lu

why not grab the original?!

definately delivers the vintage mojos.

Last edited:

imguitardan

I think the Basic Audio Spooky Tooth is based on the Maestro and some of those tones are to be had. John's fuzzes don't do just one sound like a lot of fuzzes.

lux_interior

Something like a year ago I found a group of those huge Maestro pedals in a shop in the Netherlands, all in absolute pristine condition. I played with the fuzz in discussion, and while it was good, dirty and wild, I thought that it didn't produce any sounds that I could not get from other fuzzes with a bit of tweaking and eq-ing. I wanted to buy it for its collectability, but I ended up buying the even more rare Maestro Parametric Filter that I came for in the first place (being a huge Josh Homme fan). It sounds something like a crossover between a vintage Muff of the late 70s era and a gentle germanium Fuzz Face with a bit of extra hair.

Trending Topics