Anyone know of a good place for Steinberger parts?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by memphisrain, Oct 4, 2005.

1. memphisrain

memphisrain Member

The bass player in my band is looking for a bridge claw for his and is having problems finding one. Anyone got a line on one?

Thanks,
    mR

2. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

Musicyo is the only place I know of for Steinberger parts.

3. Strung Up

Strung Up Member

+1 on musicyo for new parts.

Could also query folks at: http://www.steinbergerworld.com/

And as usual, if your search for things Steinberger leads you into that dark part of the forest inhabited by Ed Roman, beware.

4. Chrome Dinette

Chrome Dinette Silver Supporting Member

Look at the Yahoo group run by the same person who runs the Steinbergerworld website. There are many folks there who are quite knowledgeable about these instruments. Like any guitar related message board, there are lots of horror stories posted about ER.

5. memphisrain

memphisrain Member

Yeah, my buddy called Roman, (he was unaware of the "Roman thing") and he wanted $100.00 for a bridge claw.

He hung up the phone...

mR

6. landru64

landru64 Member

i started the steinbergerworld site and the yahoo discussion forum (the link is on the steinbergerworld.com home page). this is good advice re: using the group...use these people. they have a ton of knowledge. more than me! offhand, musicyo is the best shot. or contact peekamoose in nyc. ER....? the whole reason i started the site and discussion forum was because of ER's misinformation and avarice. good luck!