anyone know what happened to the argentinian dude?

joegagan

nico sabbadin, , i am friends with him on facebook and have recently sold him a quantity of my gagan wah pots. great guy.

he is coming out with new pedals all the time, maybe not as focused on exporting to US these days?

last i spoke to him about the ' sabbadius' inductors, he said his supply of the wire ran out and he wasn't making them any more.

Beto

Silver Supporting Member
I had never heard about this builder. His website is working fine. I have been waiting for the opportunity to grab my first vibe pedal - I've been reading and watching lots of demos for a while. I liked what I read and heard about the Vibe Baby, the Castledine Supra-Vibe, The FoxRox Aquavibe and the Jam Retro-Vibe. The problem is, when one of those appears locally, they're very expensive due to the current exchange rate.

I have just finished watching some demos from Sabbadius' Funky-Vibe versions. They sound very good for me, but I have no previous experience with vibes at all. I'm going to find out if there are importing rates from Argentina. If not, I could consider giving one of those vibes a try.

underdog726

The Mr white is kinda like a boost that colored your tone to my ears in a good way. It did give me the Stevie cleaner tones and would drive your next overdrive pedal to give you more gain, better than any other boost I've tried. On it's own it was fairly low gain, but high volume boost was possible. If the j rockett doesn't do something similar, which I will know by Monday or Tuesday, I think I will have to search out another Mr white. I recently replaced my El mo with a lovepedal super six Stevie mod. I wanna boost to go from rhythm to leads. I do recommend the super six Stevie mod pedal to srv fans without the gain turned up to much and use a super reverb or dumble voiced boost to kick in for leads.

Last edited:

groovemeister

I have been waiting for the opportunity to grab my first vibe pedal - I've been reading and watching lots of demos for a while. I liked what I read and heard about the Vibe Baby, the Castledine Supra-Vibe, The FoxRox Aquavibe and the Jam Retro-Vibe. The problem is, when one of those appears locally, they're very expensive due to the current exchange rate.

I have just finished watching some demos from Sabbadius' Funky-Vibe versions. They sound very good for me, but I have no previous experience with vibes at all. I'm going to find out if there are importing rates from Argentina. If not, I could consider giving one of those vibes a try.
never played the funky vibe but the demos sound awesome. i have a vibe baby classic vibe (non treadle version) and it is killer. i previously had the jam which is decent but the vibe baby is much better. others say the castle dine is the one to own but i've never played one.

groovemeister

The Mr white is kinda like a boost that colored your tone to my ears in a good way. It did give me the Stevie cleaner tones and would drive your next overdrive pedal to give you more gain, better than any other boost I've tried. On it's own it was fairly low gain, but high volume boost was possible. If the j rockett doesn't do something similar, which I will know by Monday or Tuesday, I think I will have to search out another Mr white. I recently replaced my El mo with a lovepedal super six Stevie mod. I wanna boost to go from rhythm to leads. I do recommend the super six Stevie mod pedal to srv fans without the gain turned up to much and use a super reverb or dumble voiced boost to kick in for leads.
love to hear your thoughts on the lenny pedal man..... yeah i sold my el mo a while back - was way too noisy and there was something about the way the eq worked that bugged-only thing i miss was the killer tone i had for scuttlebuttin with that pedal. i've been just using a rocket archer for low volume stevie lately and hitting with an 808 for boost - i'm quite happy with the results but i was thinking the mr white might give my base tone more of a vibroverb/super reverb type vibe....this super six mod you talk about sounds interesting but that pedal is not available anymore is it? who does the mod? sean?

Beto

Silver Supporting Member
never played the funky vibe but the demos sound awesome. i have a vibe baby classic vibe (non treadle version) and it is killer. i previously had the jam which is decent but the vibe baby is much better. others say the castle dine is the one to own but i've never played one.
I had a brief email exchange with the makers of the Vibe Baby and the Supra-Vibe, but right after that the exchange rate skyrocketed and I had to postpone this purchase.

I'm going to check if there would be any importing duties if I bought a Sabbadius pedal direct from Argentina, considering the street prices over there.

Trending Topics