Anyone know what's up with R3FX?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Transmisser, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Transmisser

Transmisser Member

So . . . Anyone know if the guy is ok or not? I see that there's a notice explaining why if you try and go to the actual website, but it just seems like it's a been a while.

2. snipejd

snipejd Member

also wondering this. been trying to get some mods done and he seems tl be the only one that does all the mods for the DL4 I want

feedback switch
    switch to looper switch
    double preset
    new switches
    convert to 9v
    etc etc

any other options?

3. Transmisser

Transmisser Member

Agreed.

I already had mine sent in for mods a couple of years ago, but have been having problems with some of the functionality. Was hoping I could send it back to him at some point to get some revisions done. Outside of him, I don't know of anyone else doing everything he offers. He was good to deal with when his site was open for business.

4. snipejd

snipejd Member

hey so I'm talking to Brian Kinnatone (kinnatone pedals) now about doing these. I'll let you know what he says.
    noisekick fx can do some, lizard breath does the feedback loop and switches for 35$, Jhs does some, pedaldoctor did almost all of them, schoolcraft sells the dotted 8th, JHV3 does a few, T1M does some but I don't love the work he's done for me before and he doesn't really answer his emails and he shut his mod shop for now.

etc

but right now I'm hoping kinnatone is the hookup...will get back to you all

5. Alchemy Audio

Alchemy Audio Silver Supporting Member

Briman1974 likes this.
  6. snipejd

snipejd Member

yeah, it says they only mod new ones basically

7. Transmisser

Transmisser Member

Thanks for chiming in people.

If Brian at Kinnatone is trying to introduce the mods done by R3FX into his offerings, check out R3FX's youtube channel. He demos most of the mods he does.

8. wallofsound

wallofsound Member

I have send 6 months (12.10.2014) ago my Line6 MM Modeller to R3FX for repair and mod. Jim Rodgers offered me to do footswitch replacement, DC conversion, double preset, expression knob mods and the repair for 167$ including shipping back to europe. So, I payed through paypal, he told me that he's working on it and I never heard a word again. I asked hew every few weeks about the pedal and if he is stil alive. Nothing! Jim then answered my mail on april to let me know that he has to "...deal with a ton of medical issues and that he wil not screw me over...". I offered him to send back the Line6 Pedal abd refund my money, even if the job is not done. And again, no answer nothing... That's not the first time something like that happens to me. It's soooooooo annoying....

9. Briman1974

Briman1974 Member

Hi everi
    Thanks for the mention! I need to come to gear page more often.