Anyone know when the new Buddas will hit stores ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Andre357, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Andre357

Andre357 Member

The new 20 & 40 watt 6v6 models ?? I love my el84 superdrive II 18 watter.....so I'm eager to try one of these.

Thanks to anyone who may have the inside scoop !!

2. VarLogMessages

VarLogMessages Supporting Member

Just a belch and a holler from Boston, MA
    Budda is coming out with 6v6 based models? i just got wood.....

3. Andre357

Andre357 Member

Yeah , it's true, just a matter of when. I was hoping a dealer would chime in.

I've emailed Budda as well. I thought it was early summer they would be hitting the market.

Perhaps they've been delayed.

I heard they're 6v6 based amps and a bit more of a " classic voice " than previous models.

I'll buy one sight unseen I love my superdrive so much....

4. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

I've been waiting for months....I love my Orange RV50 (4x6V6) but I also like the Budda SD Series. Dare I say the 40 watt 6V6 Budda will be the synthesis of everything I hold dear!!!!!

When are these things coming out?

5. Ricker

Ricker Member

I'm sure these Buddas will rock............and I love my superdrives......
    But Budda superdrives are superdrives and while each model has it's merits....they are not that different from each other.
    They all have the same pre-amps......
    Really the tubes, rectifier and transformers in each that changes things.......

It's quite cool because they then have a superdrive that fits nearly everybodies needs.........
    But Budda don't really offer much variety in their amps voicings like say Bogner etc etc.

Would be nice if they built a higher gainer with dedicated EQs for both channels as their next offering for example
    and hopefully not another re-incarnation of the superdrive.

C'mon Budda ....time for something new....

Rick

6. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

I had an original 18 watt Superverb. What a GREAT amp. I just sold it becuase I had to make room for some other gear I extended myself way to far on. [​IMG]

GREAT amps that can be had for real decent money used..........[​IMG]

7. Budda Brandon

Budda Brandon Member

Hello Everyone,

This is Brandon from Budda, just wanted to say hello and thank you for all of your interest in our new V-Series 6V6 models! Just wanted to let you know that we are in the final stages of R&D, and we should have the new amps available in the fall. Please call us or check with your local dealer for updates...and if you have any questions regarding the new amps or any of our products please let me know. You can e-mail me at brandonm@budda.com. We appreciate all of your comments and feedback!

-Brandon

8. Andre357

Andre357 Member

excellent Brandon ! thanks man.

9. oacikgoz

oacikgoz Member

Brandon answered my mail within an hour... I was pleasantly surprised. Budda's customer service rocks... :)

10. ski_fast

ski_fast Silver Supporting Member

Budda Santa hear my plea.... 20 watt head, tubes on the bottom pointing up like Marshall, TopHat, Aiken, Badger, etc... small box size.... balanced channels so there isn't a big volume difference when changed.... I will write the check now!

11. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

Amen!

And Reverb if you can swing it!

12. modulusrules

modulusrules Member

I was talking to one of the guys at Budda and they said reverb may be an option down the road for this model.

13. Andre357

Andre357 Member

That would be awesome. The SD amps have excellent effect loops.....and verbs and delays sound great through em....

But I'd love to hear budda's take on a classic sounding 6v6, with reverb and even TREMOLO !!

Then i could leave a couple of pedals off my board and down size the pedal collection a bit :).....

14. OrangeAD30TC

OrangeAD30TC The venerable H.W.

My only complaint about the Budda is that the footswitch doesnt have an indicator light on it. I wish it did...but that is my only complaint.

My next complaint will be this...
    "I bought a Budda V-40 when they were brand new and I love it. But know the newest models have reverb and I am jelous."

15. Andre357

Andre357 Member

Theres a guy on ebay that makes a lighted switch for buddas....

voodoo man ?? or something like that

16. kingsxman

kingsxman Silver Supporting Member

Ditto. When we did a taste test at my house with a SD30, SD45 and SD80...they all are pretty much voiced the same. They all sounded good. I'd prefer to see Budda do something completely different also.

And the note on the footswitch light is right on. I made one for mine. Thats kind of a no brainer if you ask me for them do to. Or at minimum...a light on the amp to show which channel. (Granted...you can usually tell)

17. kselbee

kselbee Member

Is this going to be voiced similar to the Rivera Venus amps?

18. Andre357

Andre357 Member

Anyone seen these 6v6 models in stores yet ? I heard first week in january they may be appearing.

:drink

19. polaris

polaris Member

6V6 models?! I thought the old verbmaster series had those tubes on! Maybe Brandon can share some more information here!

20. trower

trower Silver Supporting Member

I'm heading up to Budda in S.F tomorrow hopefully., I spoke with Brandon yesterday (and thanks for the call back, btw sorry, I was in the frozen food section) I'm gonna try an 18 and 30 to compliment my SD45 but sounds like I'll have to look into these new 6v6's with verb...oh lord, let me forget my check book!