Anyone know where I can buy a SINGLE Sperzel Locking tuner?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by GuitarGuy510, Nov 22, 2005.

1. GuitarGuy510

GuitarGuy510 Member

Hey all,

I just picked up a *SWEET* LTD EC-1000 and other than the TonePros bridge missing some hex screws (which TonePros sent me a new set to replace it for free... cool guys over there!:dude ), the only real issue with it was that the G string tuner is screwed up, almost like the guy didn't know how to use them and twisted it too hard. Now it takes so much rough twisting to lock it that it will break over time, I'm sure! It's a 3x3 headstock, so does anyone know where I could find a single G string locking sperzel tuner to replace it? Thanks guys! :D

2. KaBudokan

KaBudokan Supporting Member

You can contact Sperzel directly and order an individual tuner. Go to their website and call them during business hours.

3. Ron Thorn

Ron Thorn Gold Supporting Member

Hey Matt,

I'll hook you up with a new tuner. What button type?
    I'll blast it out to you on Monday.

Ron

4. axpro

axpro Member

Hahaha!

and i was about to say...

Go to your local repair shop, ask if they have any singles... (we always end up breaking packs for repair work) or MAYBE one of the guitar builder who habits here can send you one....

Good one Mr, Thorn

Dave Mc

5. gregc

gregc Member

Well, wadda ya know.... I pulled out my trusty Gretsch, which I had added Sperzel tuners to about a year ago, and when I was tuning up I noted the chrome from one of the tuners had de-laminated from the button. Weird, it's all there, but just floating over the button, not adhered. I wonder how the hell that could happen. Must be a mfg fault, maybe the part wasn't cleaned well before plating? Anyway, I'm also on the hunt for a single now...

gregc