Anyone know where I can find malory capacitors, alan brandley resistors?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Glowing Tubes, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

I sold a guy in Greece my Bogner Fish pre-amp, he says these items have been changed. And even though I am the original and only owner of the amp thinks Bogner lowered their standards by using other capacitors and resistors. I do not know what these things really are but want to point him in a direction where he can find them, perhaps even buy them myself and send them out to him. Anybody know of a supplier of these products:

malory capacitors, alan brandley resistors

Thanks!!

Richard

2. DaveK

DaveK Member

I've worked on two over the years and they were the same component wise; Mallory PVC series caps and metal film resistors, with I think one CC in the clean channel only,which may have been an AB CC,but that was the only one.
    What does the buyer think it should be stuffed with and what did he find?

3. Glowing Tubes

Apparently Bogner must have run out of mallories because mine did not have them. I honest did not know, now Im trying to find some to ship him. Any Ideas?

Richard

4. DaveK

DaveK Member

Tough to find the PVC series in all the values needed and without a minimum order. What is the unit loaded with anyway? Wima, like the XTC ? Or a close relative of the PVC series like a 418P or 225P OD?

If this is the way it came from Bog, what's the problem?
    Does it sound bad ? Or has someone bought into some hype they've read on the net?

5. DaveK

DaveK Member

I forgot,you should post at http://www.ampage.org/ in the Guitar Amp section . The PVC series is what's used in the Soldano SLO also, and there are guys there that have sourced them for their homebrew amps.

6. Glowing Tubes

This is the way it originally came from Bogner and it sounded great. I did not have another fish with different ones to compair it to. But this guy obviously is very detailed about these things. He should have asked me to check that before he bought it. I want to do right by him though and at the very least check around to see if I can find some for him.

Richard

7. wrecked

wrecked Member

Hi Richard!

You might want to try Electro Sonic, specifically here. I don't think they've got a minimum order quantity for most of the common values in the PVC series, and the prices seem fairly competitive.

Matt

8. Glowing Tubes

9. DaveK

DaveK Member

Order 12 of the PVC412 and 8 of the PVC4147 and you'll most likely be covered for those two values.. The two Fish that I've been in had the same circuit and used two less of each value that I've listed,so you should be covered if there are any slight differences in the circuit.Unfortunately the rest are out of stock.