• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

anyone know where to find a schematic for Kloan

ninjaaron

You guys may have heard of this very expensive OD pedal with a long wait list.

I'm am not looking to build that... oh no. I'm looking to build a pedal that uses identical parts in an identical signal path, which is perfectly legal. It's my opinion that it's also perfectly ethical so long as I don't try to sell it.

So, where can I find out how to build the Kloan?

ninjaaron

Oh my, I feel trouble a brewin here.

:hide
Circuits cannot be copyrighted. They can only be patented if they are truly revolutionary. Overdrive pedals don't qualify.

Schematics and PCB layouts are subject to copywrite, but if you move things around, there is no infringment.

the people who own the copyrights to the PCB layouts and Schematics available for the KLONE and Saggitarian Charger have chosen to distribute them freely.

This is perfectly legal, no matter how much goop cover the circuit of the original pedal. As far as I know, nobody is even trying to make a profit off it yet (which would also be legal, just less ethical).

Briggs

It's a very nice project that has been put together and verified by some excellent builders. The scheme that has been drawn 100% represents what was found within Klon serial number "S 698". If you check the scheme out you can see that the Klon certainly isn't a clone of any existing pedal at all, it's DNA seems to start with an MXR dist and then a lot extra was added on there. I'm not a fan of the tone, but I use marshall voiced stuff. With a Fender it's killer for a great middy boost. Just don't try to use it as a dynamic overdrive....

Trending Topics